About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Beginning...

As I mentioned in my introduction, my journey to a better me all started back in August when my girlfriend called. She was a recent new mom who wanted to start running to help lose that extra baby weight. I thought, why not run once a week to get back in shape. She also contacted another girlfriend of ours to join us in a weekly run. So, the three of us began our weekly "girls night out" which began with a run, then ended at a restaurant where we ate a somewhat health meal. (Or, should I say healthy compared to my normal menu.)

A few weeks into our weekly run, I decided I was going to pull out my old Beachbody Slim in 6 video to add some extra workouts to my schedule. I managed to do 5 days a week with Slim in 6, 1 day a week with my runs and my last day was my much appreciated rest day. I added an extra week on the end of my 6 weeks to "make up" for all the missed days due to running.

Once I restarted Slim in 6, I rejoined the Beachbody Community message boards for some extra motivation and support. I met a lot of great people there who gave me wonderful advice, kept me moving in the right direction and had me stay focus on my workouts. They also started to get me to pay attention to my diet.

I continued running with my friends. During the 6 weeks I was also training with Debbie (The instructor on Slim in 6), I noticed many improvements both in my body starting to slim down and my running was improving. Every week I could go farther and faster without being as winded. My friends would comment as I started to leave them in the dust.

This was the beginning. Today is May 15, 2008 (8 months later) and I am still going strong. I plan to share with everyone my progress, my experiences, my thoughts, and the tips that I learned and am still learning along the way. I want everyone to succeed in meeting their fitness goals. I will answer any questions that people have; you can gladly email me for help or motivation.

No comments: