About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Legs and Back - P90X


Today is the day I made the commitment.  I decided it will be official round of P90x.  I think it will continue to have Yoga Booty Ballet in place of some of the Yoga X and will have some Turbo Jam in place of Kenpo X just to keep it fun and changing for the next 3 months.
I spent today doing Legs and Back.  It's a workout of a whole lot of squats, lunges, toe rises.  It also includes some simple yet fun and different moves - like walking like Groucho Marks.  There are moves like you are a speed skater getting down and pushing off.  All these different moves are gonna be the key to slimmin my thighs and building some awesome calves.
But mixed in the rotation of all the leg work is also back work.  This consist of 4 different types of pull-ups.  Yes, me a tiny girl doing pull-ups!  I remember always thinking no way will I ever do a pull-up.  What I love about Tony (instructor for P90X) is that he tells you how to do an assisted pull-up.  He shows you how to use a chair to assist your arms to pull you up.  The further away the car, the harder the move.  For those with no place to put the pull up bar, Tony shows another modified move to use resistance bands and pull down (same muscles being used as in a pull-up.)  
Today, I managed to do 68 assisted pull-ups.  Not to shabby.  I must have been slackin, because I know I can do a lot more.  But, today is my first day in a long time doing this workout, so I was trying to ease into it.
This is almost the final day of my first week of P90X.  Tomorrow is Kenpo, which I will replace with Turbo Jam's Kick, Punch and Jam video.  After a week back into the X, I realized how much I love the intensity, the variety (everyday is a new workout).  I also like how it's scheduled out.  I've determined I'm focused and ready for the X.  I'm gonna add some more variety with my other workouts just to keep it fun.  But, look out body, you are going to be put to the test as Tony is now there to shape your every move!

No comments: