About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What are some good lunch options?


People always ask, what are some good options for lunch.  In an article from FitnessMagazine.com you can go in and customize a meal plan, from breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I thought I would share a few lunches that are all under 500 calories and all seem really easy to prepare with a little planning.   Also, don't forget the Million Dollar Club offers a custom meal plan which includes additional lunch ideas.  As a club member, you can have your whole week's menu planned out along with the shopping list printed!  How easy is that?  




If you exercise and consume fewer than 1,500 calorie a day, you won't get all the nutrients your body needs. Choose one of these well-balanced lunches for a healthy midday meal. Each lunch contains about 499 calories, 24% fat, 57% carbs, and 19% protein.



Lunch  Option 1

 

• Chef's Salad: 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce, 1/3 cup grated carrots, 4 ounces extra-lean ham, 1 tbs. grated low-fat cheese, 2 tbs. low-calorie Italian dressing

• 1 slice French bread

• 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges, sprinkled with 1 tsp. candied ginger

• 1 cup low-fat milk flavored with 1/2 tsp. almond extract

 


Lunch  Option 2

 

• Low-Cal BLT: 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 slice Canadian or turkey bacon, 2 thick slices tomato, 2 lettuce leaves, 1 tbs. fat-free mayonnaise

• 11 baby carrots

• 1 medium apple, cored and drizzled with 2 tsps. caramel sauce

• 1 cup low-fat milk flavored with 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract and sugar substitute

 


Lunch  Option 3


• Veggie Wrap: 1 10-inch flour tortilla, 1 ounce grated low-fat cheese, 1/4 cup black beans, 3 slices avocado, 3 thin slices cucumber, 1/2 medium chopped tomato, hot sauce to taste

• 1/2 cup blueberries

• 1 cup low-fat milk, warmed and sprinkled with freshly grated nutmeg

 


Lunch  Option 4


• Peanut Butter Candy Sandwich: 2 slices whole-wheat bread, 1 tbs peanut butter mixed with 1 tbs toasted wheat germ, 2 tsps honey, 1 small banana

• 1 cup low-fat milk

 


Lunch  Option 5


• Grilled Cheese 'n' Veggie Sandwich: Grill 2 slices whole wheat bread with 2 slices American cheese, 1 roasted red pepper half, 1 medium tomato (sliced), 2 tsp. Dijon mustard

• 2 cups romaine lettuce with 1 tbs. fat-free dressing

• 1/2 mango drizzled with 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice

• Iced herb tea

 

Lunch  Option 6


• Soup 'n' Crackers: 2 cups chunky minestrone soup with 1/2 cup peas and carrots added

• 4 whole wheat crackers

• 1 cup honeydew melon, cubed and sprinkled with 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice and a dash of ground red pepper

• 1 cup low-fat milk

 


Lunch  Option 7

 

• Chili-Stuffed Sweet Potato: 1 medium sweet potato, microwaved and topped with 3/4 cup black-bean chili (made with 1/2 cup black beans, 1/4 cup chopped onions, minced garlic, and 1 tbs. canned green chilies)

• 1 corn tortilla grilled with 1 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese

• 2 medium tomatoes, sliced and drizzled with 1 tbs. low-calorie Italian dressing and 3 tbs. chopped fresh parsley

• Sparkling water flavored with lime

No comments: