About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Monday, August 4, 2008

Are You Ready to Dine Out?

Today you and your significant other decided you want to go to dinner at your favorite restaurant.  You are watching what you eat, but know that there has got to be a healthy alternative on the menu.


Did you know that many chain restaurants have nutritional information about their menus posted on their website?  


For example, if I want a caffe latte from Starbucks, its not hard to find online what the nutritional value is.  This drink is 190 calories, 60 from fat.  Now, its breakfast, so I want to add a plain multi-grain bagel with that caffe latte.  That bagel is 360 calories. Now, if you knew that in advance, would you still consider that a healthy choice?  Maybe you would go for the plain coffee of the week at only 5 calories with 0 fat calories.  


What I'm saying is we can plan ahead.  I can tell you the name of my favorite restaurants for dinner and I can tell you where I tend to go for lunch.  I know I have looked up a lot of my "favorite" meals on the company website.  I also know that a lot of my favorite meals are no longer a favorite because I looked them up!  I have grown to realize that not all salads are good!  Maybe I can order the lunch portion and fit in my range for a real meal.  Once you see the numbers, you will begin to think differently.


I'm saying this because I recently heard that a single slice of cheesecake is over 1000 calories!  Think about it, would you really order one if that was written on the menu?  I know I wouldn't!  Well, the menus are out there for a lot of places.  Take a few minutes and look up your favorite places!  It will help you make wiser choices in the future!  


And, you probably will be surprised at what you find!


Did you know the full size Greek salad from Panera Bread is 440 calories with 350 calories from fat?  Where as the full size Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken salad is only 300 calories with 30 cal. from fat?  I think if I knew that going in, I would choose the poppyseed and chicken salad, or maybe even a half size salad.



No comments: