About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Take Responsibility!


Funny, doing Turbo Sculpt today, at the end Chalene asked something like, why are you doing this?  You need to find time to workout and you need to determine the reason it's important to you.  That you need to accept the responsibility to get it done because no one else will.  (ok, I may have added a little to that, but that is what my mind remembers her saying.)

Then, on the message boards people were also talking about how they have decided that it is time to step up to the plate and accept the responsibility to do this.  It's time to decide what it is you want?  What are those goals you want to achieve, why are you doing this in the first place?  For better heath, to lose weight, to look great for your next birthday!  You need to stop and decide why you started this process, why it is important to you!  You should write those reasons down and post them somewhere as a constant reminder!  Now, you need to take the next step, realize that nobody is going to do it but you!  Nobody is going to tell you to go workout or to go eat right.  Only you can decide to make that commitment and only you can follow-through on it!

I want you all to sit down and write out the reasons you are doing this?  Why did you decide to start your current program?  What are your goals?  Now, I want you to write out how you will achieve them!  I want you to take the responsibility of getting it done and doing it for yourself!  Make your reasons important to yourself and the steps to getting achieving those goals will become a priority!  Once you decide and commit, tell the other people in your life that this is the way it will be and you only want their positive support!  

I know we all can do it.  Once we DECIDE we want it, and we COMMIT to doing it then we will SUCCEED!

No comments: