About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Congraulations Melisa C.!

This post is long over do!  So, sorry Melisa!

I want to say congratulations to Melisa for so many things.  First for joining our team, Melisa became a Beachbody coach.  She is having some fun and in her message board, No More Excuses!   She's not letting her coachee's give her any excuses to skip workouts or eat unhealthy!  Please stop by and say hi to everyone there!

Next, I had to save  the best for last!  Melisa just finished a round of Slim in 6!  She had to prove to herself that she could get awesome results.  I know she pushed her workouts and ate clean for the last 6 weeks and her results are awesome!  I am so proud of you Mel!  I know you will be an awesome coach.

Here are her stats!

.................Start...Finish...Change Body
Fat.........34.3%...31.0%....-3.3
Weight...........159.....150......-9 lb
Bust.............38.5....36.25....-2.25"
Chest............34......33.......-1.00"
Waist............32.5....31.......-1.50"
Navel............38......36.......-2.00"
Hips.............39......38.......-1.00" 
Right Thigh......21.5....21.......-0.50" 
Left Thigh.......21.5....21.......-0.50" 
Right Arm........12.25...12.......-0.25" 
Left Arm.........12.25...12.......-0.25" 
Total Inches......................-9.25" 
And here's the pics (start/finish):







Now here is even more of a shocker!  Look at Melisa's total journey!

This is Mel at 230 pounds!

The totally new Mel!

And From her blog- 
At first I was pretty uncomfortable about putting these pics out there, but then I remembered... I've come SO FAR. While I might not be completely 100% satisfied with the way my body looks in a bikini, when I compare the person I was when I started this journey to the person I am today... I realize that I have so much to be happy for and PROUD OF. No, I don't have a supermodel body, and probably never will. But it's mine, and I've worked hard to sculpt and mold it to where it is today. The body I have now represents YEARS of learning to be kind to myself and put myself first. I LIKE MYSELF more now that I ever, ever have. Ever. 

And that life has made me what I am today. I have so much gratitude for the journey that brought me here, and for the person in that first photo... she took the first step. YEAH BABY!

If you want to see more of Melisa's blog or are interested in having Melisa coach you, check her out at

Melisa, keep up the great job, you are doing awesome.  And yet another example of how these programs work!

Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Melisa GREAT job, such a fantastic change. Also congrats on becoming a coach. You worked so hard to get where you are and can share all this with your coachees.