About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fighting Against Diabetes!

This is very exciting news!  Beachbody has a new program coming out soon (October/November).   Beachbody is working with the American Diabetes Associations on this product.  Did you know, Every 21 seconds, some is diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes!

It's Kathy Smith's Project You, Type 2!

Here are some of the details of the new program!

 Project:YOU! Type 2.

Research has shown that losing weight and having a healthy lifestyle may help prevent type 2 diabetes and its associated complications, such as cardiovascular disease.

Now for the first time, the American Diabetes Association has joined with Beachbody® and Kathy Smith to help fight this devastating disease.

By combining a delicious, easy-to-follow meal plan with a fun workout program for all fitness levels, Project:YOU! Type 2 is the first all-in-one, simple solution to help manage diabetes, reduce your risk for diabetes complications, and get you back in control of your life!

  • Progressive workout program focusing on the 3 key elements of fitness: Cardio, Strength Training, and Core/Flexibility.
  • Delicious meal plan to help you take charge of weight control, blood sugar management, and carb counting.


More about Kathy Smith's Project You, Type 2 directly from Beachbody!

*Big news!* This brand-new program from Kathy Smith, fully supported by the American Diabetes Association (ADA), is set to launch in October. To help promote it, we are literally "walking our talk" and getting involved in the ADA's Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes, a series of fund-raising walks happening throughout the country. Check out the site to see how you can participate in a walk near you. Plus, we've included a letter confirming the ADA and Beachbody's relationship.  This is a real first for the ADA—and Beachbody®—so it is REALLY BIG NEWS all around! And you heard it here first.

If you are interested in seeing any of the materials noted above in blue, drop me an email and I can get it to you!

Email me at Heatherb@BeachbodyCoach.com

No comments: