About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life's Interruptions


For those of you I chat with on the message boards, you may have seen me a little less these past few weeks.  October became a whirlwind.  I was traveling for work, getting up extremely early, meetings all day, driving out of states,...  Work was just doing enough to get by, preparing for one meeting then going to the next.  Life at home became more about packing for the next day, running around, and even just catching up on sleep.

I made a commitment to myself through all of this to eat clean!  I made the best of work situations.  Meaning, when at the meetings and the choice for breakfast was a danish, a bagel, and fruit.  I choose fruit 3 of the 4 days, and a bagel in there for variety!

I did maintained a minimum of 4 workouts a week!  I had to miss a few days, it was either workout with no energy, or try and relax for the night and get me ready to bring it strong the next day!

I feel like the month was a whirlwind.  My life flying by to the point I did not know what was really going on anymore.  

I just talked to my coach.  I said I think I need a kick in the butt.  I need help getting back on track.  Her comments were not that I needed that kick in the butt.  I hadn't fallen off the wagon.  I had just been interrupted by life and now that life is getting back on track, I just needed to refocus on my goals!

That is true!  I was interrupted on my goal to do the X everyday.  It get through all 90 days without any interruptions.  But, as life decided otherwise, I had to improvise!  I missed a few days, I decided to redo week 3.  I used some of my missed days as my recovery week.

Today, I am back in the game.  I know November will get better.  Life can't always be spinning.

The important thing with all this was knowing that I ate clean, I stayed on track when possible, and once I had a chance to breathe, I immediately got back into the game!  I did not dwell on the missed workout or the fact that I "didn't follow the program to the tee".  I just moved on.  I realized after talking to my coach, that life does get crazy busy at times.  That we do need to step back and breathe and reorganize.  That working out and eating clean is a lifestyle change and missing a day is not the end of the world.  I will not let a few life interruptions ruin my day!

No comments: