About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

A little reading


I tend to read a lot of health and fitness magazines.  Some or Fitness, Oxygen, Women's Health,...  I find it interesting that most of these magazines post a "typical workout" to help you tone your butt, whittle your middle, lose weight, tone the arms, add yoga to balance your life.


I read these workouts and check out what exercises they tend to recommend.  I always smile because it looks like P90X!  If you took all the recommended moves of the month and c combined them into 1 program, you really would have Tony's P90X workout.  


For example, Novembers Oxygen includes an article for "5 Minutes to a New You".  Its about adding yoga to your workout routine to help improve your gym performance, reduce stress and boost energy.  


Here are some of the poses the recommend, now which one of these routines is not included in YogaX!

Mountain Pose (Tadasana) and extended mountain pose.

Forward Bend  (basically lean forward and touch your toes)

Lunge - which is Runners Pose.

Plank

Yoga Press or Chataranga

Upward Dog

Downward Dog


Same magazine recommends- Jump Squats to build strength and power as a plyometric move.  


There are other moves, but I just sit back and smile.  I could follow the 4 minute routines by hanging the "moves of the month" on my wall to see, then try and read them while working out.  Or, I could just pop in my P90X workout for the day!  They do all the moves in the magazine and then some! Once I get bored or the P90X workouts become to easy (Does that day come), I can mix it up with other Tony workouts like- P90X+ or Tony's One on One!  


I guess I am happy knowing that the workouts I do on a regular basis are the same moves the "experts" write about!  Its easy to watch a video where Tony shows you proper for and ways to modify the moves, the magazine may try to tell you this, but do you really "get it correct"?


If you would like more information on any of these programs, you can check them out here.  Or, you can email me and ask me, I'd love to tell you more about these programs!  I use them and rotate different programs into my program all the time, I love the results it gives me.  Why not see what it can do for you?


My email is  HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com

No comments: