About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm struggling!


Alright, another day in the books done!  Today was chest, shoulder and tri!  Now that is one tough cookie!

I have to say, this round of the X I have been struggling.  I am finding that I am really bringing it.  I am determined to increase my resistance wherever I possibly can.  I have been doing the squats a little lower, the kicks a little higher.  I am doing what I can to really feel that burn in the last 3 moves.

Why am I struggling then?  Because the more the days go by, the more I feel that my arms are gonna die, or my legs are just going to give.  I am taking them to the point of exhaustion!  Each day I am sore!  I feel myself lifting the weights and laughing.  My head says to my biceps come up, lift that weight one more rep.  My arms in the mean time push upward and push upward, but yet go no where.  It's like my body and my mind are fighting each other!  This is why I feel like I am struggling.  I want more!  Yet, I have to remind myself- I've increased my weight, I've just pushed myself as much as I can, so why am I upset.  I'm not, I just feel in the moment, there must be more!

I feel like I am a broken record.  I keep complaining how sore I will be.  But, I keep taking my glutamine and recovery drink.  I continue to stretch when I can.  And, I just pick up and move and do my next workout!  90 days will bring the results I want!  I still find myself running up the stairs 2 at a time, so I can not be that sore the next day!

Now, I ask, are you just getting by or are you pushing it to your limits?  Maybe its time to sit back and say, if I'm never sore does this mean I need to try something new.  Maybe up the weight or increase the reps!

-Heather


No comments: