About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

How do you get through Football Weekends?


It's Saturday, and I admit, I have to sit in front of the TV and watch my Penn State get one step closer to the top!  I'm lucky to not get totally into NFL on Sunday too!  

I do know, I have asked some friends to join my on the October 1st start to the New Year's Challenge and was told, I can't start now, its Football Season!

Ok, so let me bring this up.  Sitting in front of the TV for the game, or like most, the GAMES, does not mean you need to let all your results go out the window!  You can plan ahead!  Have healthy snacks available throughout the game.  Don't call and order a pizza or wings!  You should try not to sit and drink that beer all day!  That alcohol will not give you the abs you want!  If you want to sit and drink or cheat with a slice of pizza, I hope that you realize your results will be reached a lot slower!  If you go for a slice and a beer, hopefully you schedule it for your "cheat day".  But, the problem is, you plan on one!  But, can you manage only 1?  Or does one turn into two, then three?  You know that is not part of the recommend meal plans!

If you are one to go to the game and sit there and tailgate, you too should plan ahead!  Pack some healthy turkey burgers for the grill.  Be different then all your friends.  Don't let the  "pick on you", set an example for them!  When they laugh, just lift your short and show them the definition in the abs you might be seeing (or show them your newly formed guns!)

I know football can be a major life halting event!  Ok, at least around my husband it is!  But, that doesn't mean it should affect your goals!  It just takes a little thought, planning and realizing what do you want out of the weekend?  To come away and say, I managed to push play and I ate clean and I am going to get the results I want, or are you going to come away saying all that pizza and beer feels good!  Then complain that the program is not giving you the results you want?

So, stop and think!  Enjoy the game with your water and healthy snacks!

Go Penn State!


If you would like to meet your fitness goals, drop me an email and let's get you started on the right track today!
HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com!

Heather

No comments: