About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Monday, November 17, 2008

A Little Cardio Party!


Today I was supposed to do one of the arm workouts for P90X, but I really needed a change!  My calves are still screaming and hate when I stop moving for a bit.  They just are not happy with me from my legs workout on Friday!  I guess adding 8 lbs to calf raises was a little to much.  I felt the burn and pushed through, just that probably should have been one of those- listen to your body moments.

Well, I was having a hard time convincing myself to really bring it with a good resistance workout when I was still sore from days ago!  Yes, sometimes working out other body parts (like arms) will not affect my sore legs,  but its still hard to push play with another workout to bring soreness.  So, instead of doing nothing or lacking the motivation!   I decided to do something fun!  I put in Cardio Party 3 with Turbo Jam!  I also decided since I was supposed to be doing arms I would add the weighted gloves!  I have to say, it was sooo fun!  I loved the variety!  I loved adding a little spark to my P90X workout!  Chalene never stops amazing me with how great a workout she offers.  I did all of Cardio Party 3.  I'm honestly glad I was in my own living room and not in the class.  Not having done the workout in a while, I was ummm, just a bit off pace with the group.  So, if I was there I would be the girl facing the wrong way, punching or kicking my neighbor,...  But, in my living room, just me- its all about having fun!  I had slightly lower intensity then when I do TJ on a regular basis, but I have to say- if the sweat drip factor is proof of a good workout, then the wet carpet says I got an A for the day!  I also tend to forget how much ab and leg work are in TJ!  But, it seemed to help stretch my poor calf muscles, because they are not screaming at me now!  

I want to bring this up, sometimes we may not be motivated to do our scheduled workout.  But, its ok to add a little variety!  Pick something you want to do, something that will push you, maybe you need a lighter day, so pick a lighter workout!  Maybe you need variety to add more fire and spark to your program!  Just do as the Nike commercial says- JUST DO IT!    Push play and do something!  When you change it up, it also keeps your body guessing, so really, how can you go wrong!  

Now, as I site here smiling from a good workout I have to wonder, will I need another day of TJ to really get myself in a mood, or will it e back to my high intensity X workout tomorrow?  I guess I will have to wait and see.  If I need to struggle between not pushing play or having a little Turbo Jam fun, them I will definitely choose TJ!

I know my mind has been thinking of Chalene ever since I placed my ChaLean Extreme order.  I'm happy with my decision to mix it up and throw in some fun!  Now it just adds more thoughts of how fun this new program is going to be!  December can not come quick enough for my package to arrive!

Remember, if you want to learn more about or to order Turbo Jam, just click here!  If you want to ask me any questions about the programs, drop me an email at HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com!

No comments: