About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

A little run!


There are a few ladies on the Second Floor who are training for marathons!  It sounds so fun to go out and run with a goal to run a marathon!  That would be a awesome feeling!  Knowing that I have trained and ran 26 miles!

Anyway, hearing these ladies talk everyday of their training made me want to go run today!  I leased up Romeo, my dog, and decided he should go with me!  I knew my run would not be that far since I have not run in ages!  

Well, after getting all dressed for the cold weather, we head out on the trails!  I was off!  Of course, the first half mile for Romeo was about stopping every 5 minutes to smell a new spot and leave a little behind!  That was more annoying then anything.  I never really stopped for more then a few seconds to get him moving again, it did mess up my pace I had going!  Once he got to grove that it was not gonna happen this way, we were off!

My goal was to hit my friends how, then turn around and run home.  We made it there without a problem.  I did notice the cold air really hit my lungs!  I think that added a little new challenge to my run that my body was not ready for!  One we got to my "mark" I stopped for 5 minutes.  I think both Romeo and I needed a minute to catch our breath!

Then, it was off.  Heading back home.  This was more of a challenge.  Wow, because Romeo was done!  I can always tell when he had enough.  He starts grabbing and pulling the leash, jumping, and just plan acting up!  We stopped and had our little chat.  It was not going to go this way!  We could take a walk, but we would not act out of control.  Thank goodness there were not other runners on the trail today, I'm sure they would have laughed at me having a talk with my dog about how we would be getting home!

After our talk, I tried walking a little with Romeo thinking he needed a break.  But, he took off, so I followed! I think our talk that we were headed home had kicked start him!  Because our pace went up a notch or 2.  There was no more stopping to spell each bush we passed, now it was about getting home!

I've determined things about running with my dog!
- When he doesn't want to run, he won't.  If that means you have to stop to smell the flowers, then a quick break it must be.  At least in the beginning of  a run!  But, I can savor a second to catch my breath too!
- When he's tired, he lets you know!  Then the pace goes way down!
- When he wants to run, you better be putting those legs in extra fast mode, because he will fly.  And when you are at the end of a leash and getting tired, its hard to hold back 75 lbs that are flying with the wind!  Its easier just to see if you can somewhat keep up!
- When you are getting to a hill, having a dog do some pulling is a nice little extra help!
- When you see a squirrel, you just have to prey he didn't.  Or, hello- a surprise is around the corner!

I know if and when I get back into a full blown running program, then Romeo will stay at home!  He is to much one way or another (stop or GO) to really set a pace.  But, today I had fun.  I now by the time I got home, I was winded and ready to stop!  Sprinting for the last mile could be a big part of it.

I got home and logged on to GoogleEarth.  I love this program, I can create a path over top of where I ran, and it tells me the distance.  Ok, so its not 100% accurate when you just are estimating were you are, but its pretty close.  I thought I ran a mile and a half at my turnaround point.  I was aiming for 3 miles.  Once I checked it, I realized I ran 2.  So, now I know that my friend's house is a good 2 mile run and next time, I need to push it a little further than that.

Ok, so 2 miles is no where near a marathon!  But, at the beginning of the summer I was running 5 miles on my runs, so I know I can get there and more again if I just DECIDE and COMMIT!

I'm still undecided if I will "train" for a marathon.  If I do, I will not go full force until spring starts rolling around!  But, until then- maybe I will try and add a little run in to mix up my workouts and to keep my hopes of one day crossing the finish line alive!

No comments: