About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What are the different Turbo Jam Workouts?


One of my coachees seems to be in love with Turbo Jam and is getting results from it!  Whoo hoo!  Plus, she said the program is fun and it keeps her moving and groovin!  Isn't that working out is supposed to be about, having a little fun?  Ok, so we need to work hard to get our results, but really with TJ you can work hard and get results will having some fun!

I was asked what some of the different programs are.  So, I thought I would give a quick summary.  These are the workouts I have, I know there are some workouts with the balls, I'm sorry I don't have these at this time to chat about in real details.  I hear the ball ones are great for the core!

Most of you that buy any TJ programs, probably started with the Maximum Results program.  This program comes with 6 workouts and the weighted gloves.  You also get the program book with rotations, meal guides including the lean jean program, and the package with the elite 11 moves.  All great for you to get started.

The programs in the Maximum Result package are:
Learn and Burn - a 30 minute workout that really teaches you the basic moves of TJ!  Its a great starter workout.  Plus, when you get to the burn section, you get a great 15 min. core workout!

20 minute workout - This is a 20 minute workout.  Again, a good starter workout.  Also great to mix and max with other programs!  This is a high energy cardio workout with some really fun music.

Turbo Sculpt  - This workout is 40 minutes.  Its goal is to tighten and tone your muscles with Chalene's signature moves.  It works the abs, glutes, arms and legs.  Don't worry, you still get your groove on, and we all need resistance in our workouts to get those nice lean and toned looks we want.

Cardio Party 1 - This is a 45 minute, mainly cardio workout!  Its goal is to burn fat while sculpting your body from head to toe.  Its high energy, great music, a ton of fun!  I always walk away and feel it in my abs!  She really makes this workout fun w/ her own mix of music, you can't not feel like you are at the party!

Ab Jam - This is 2 great workouts in one.  The whole workout is 20 minutes.  But, its broken down to 2 sections of ab work.  One 10 minute standing section and one 10 minute floor work.  Its a great workout to add in to get those toned abs!  If you are short on time, do just one of the 2 sections, have more time- why not go for both and get a full 20 minutes in!

Punch, Kick and Jam - one of my favorites in the beginner section.  Its more resistance based to me, in the fact that its really focuses on punches and kicks.  And if you go low in the 'squats' with the twists during the kicks and punch, you can get a great workout!  Its about form, so really concentrate.  This workout is about 50 minutes.  Its like a kickboxing, dance, martial arts workout all to Chalene's high energy music!  Its a great cardio workout mixed in with the sculpting!  So, its a great all round program.  Add the gloves for a bonus intensity!


The next series I bought were the Live Program.  I have 2 of Chalene's live videos.  
Trubo Jam Live  Booty Sculpt + Abs.  This is a 30 minute workout.  You are right in her studio with her regular customers.  This workout makes you feel like you are at one of her classes.  And, I bet you guessed it, this workout focuses on the booty and abs!  You should have some hand weights and I think the green turbo band to increase the intensity with this program.  Weights would depend on your ability, but I think anything under 10 lbs would be fine.

Turbo Jam Live - Cardio Party Remix - This is a 30 minute workout.  Again, similar to the other live workout, this one is right in her studio.  So be prepared to get to business.  This reminds me of Cardio Party 1 with different music and different moves.   This is a great cardio workout with her high energy, fun music where you continue to bust the move!  But, its short so Chalene gets to the point quickly!  Trust me, you will not be walking away from this feeling like you need more.  But, if you do, pop in some ab jam and you have a great 50 minute workout!  


Some of the other Turbo Jam workouts I have include. 
3T  Totally Tubular Turbo! - A 35 minute resistance based workout.  Here she uses resistance bands and turbo tube band to totally increase the intensity!  This workout will tone your arms, flatten your abs, sculpt your legs and give you a firmer booty!  Its a great addition to some of your cardio workouts!

Fat Blaster  - Another one of my favorites!  This is a quick 30 minute workout that will leave you dripping with sweat!  This is an interval training program.  She takes you through 4 fast turbos!  All with 4 slow turbos between them!  Interval training is a great addition to any workout to really help keep the body guessing!  With this high intensity cardio workout, you will blast the fat!

Lower Body Jam - Another 30 minute workout.  This one is more on the resistance side again.  Another great addition to your cardio workouts.  This one uses the resistance turbo band and some free weights to really sculpt the thighs, hips and butt!  Again, we all need resistance workouts to firm our problems areas, so a great addition to the turbo jam cardio workouts!

Cardio Party Mix 2 and Mix 3 - Mix 2 is about 44 minutes, mix 3 is about 50 minutes.  If you liked Cardio Party 1, you will love these 2. They are similar to Cardio Party 1 with new moves and new calorie blasting music!  These are new high-energy workouts to keep you motivated!  

Mix 3 Chalene has her gloves on to up her intensity!  This helps you really tone those arms.  Trust me, with CP2 and 3 you can not help but work your abs!  


With all the different Turbo Jam workouts, you really can't lose motivation.  The one thing I disliked at first was that these workouts were "shorter" in length then I wanted.  Meaning, I wanted to really blast an hour of a workout and most of these fall short.  For those who are short on time, there are plenty of Turbo Jam workouts that are a half hour long!  For those of you like me who seem to want more, then I say double up!  Do 20 minutes with ab jam.  Or do booty sculpt with one of the live cardio party!  The possibilities to mix and match them are endless!  And when you have a 45 minute workout with a 20 minute ab workout, you have a perfect 1 hour workout.  So, I no longer complain how short they are!  I just mix and match them to get a total over all body workout!

Now, I hope my quick summary of the different workouts helped answer some questions.  If you are looking for more details or if you are ready to order your set, please click here.  This link will provide you with video clips of some of the Turbo Jam workouts.  So, take a minute and check them out for yourself!  See if you can not smile when you here her mix of music!

No comments: