About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Challenge Start date extended!


Hi All

So today was day 1 of the challenge. I know for me, especially being sick, I was NOT prepared for this challenge. I did print out Michi's Ladder and I am carrying it in my purse and pulling it out before all meals. What I'm not prepared for was I did not shop at all so have no real healthy foods/snacks available except what I just happen to have on hand!

So, how did I do on day 1? Not as bad as expected. I did realize its hard when you are not prepared! So, that said, I am officially making this week the un-official week of the challenge. Meaning, this week is the week to learn Michi's Ladder, learn the rules, log into the thread and say hi and get organized, begin your check-ins (even though they do not count). This is the week to try it out and make the mistakes, because our official challenge date will begin on Monday! Meaning, eating will need to be 100% clean on Monday! and pictures must be taken by Sunday!

How did my day go?
Breakfast- Shakeology with a cup of coffee and creamer. (I will be buying FF milk to replace the creamer!)

Snack was just a little bit of nuts

Lunch- a cup of black bean soup and a half a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato on whole grain bread. (I need to see what dressings/condiments if any are on our list?? So, today I went plain!)

Snack, not prepared for snack 2, but had another small thing of nuts. Both snacks probably were really only about 1.5 serving sizes. And, 2 portions of nuts is higher in fat then I wanted. So, snack 2 is where I really failed!

Dinner was a chicken caesar wrap with some cole slaw. Not sure if cole slaw is on the list?? I know cabbage is, but really I don't know what "sauce" is in cole slaw so that may not count? As noted above, I'm not sure what dressings are in? So, my caesar dressing in my wrap was possibly out? I need to check? I had a sun dried tomato tortilla wrap, not a whole wheat- is that part of it? Again, I need to really look at Michi's Ladder and get it all straight.

Because I realized 1 day, unplanned, is really not enough time, I have extended the start date of the challenge until Monday. So, please take the time and really think about joining our challenge. I hear others on Barbie's challenge are dropping the pounds, so let's BRING IT! You have this week to learn, test, plan and make mistakes. Because next week, we get STRONG and will go for it! Are you in?

Here is the link to the message boards. You must stop by for daily accountability! Now is the time to join us!

-Heather

Do you need a FREE support coach? Email me and let me know, I want to help you reach your goals.
Email: HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com

No comments: