About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Choices


Everyday we need to make choices.  From something as simple as what to wear today, to tough business decisions.  A lot of times, we choose the easy path.  I believe that’s just our society these days.  With all the electronics, equipment or society has, we want everything now and don’t want to think about making any hard choices.


Why should we let our everyday decisions about how we live our life be made out to always be the easiest choice  Things are not always easy.  I’ve found the choosing to be healthy is a very tough choice we all need to make everyday and all the time.


The easy choices we make can lead us down an unhealthy path.  With a McDonald’s (or other similar fast food places) on every corner just screaming- stop here for your lunch, you can have it in 5 minutes and for under $5.  Our decision to stay away can be a hard choice.   It takes time and energy to plan out a healthy meal for lunch.  But, that one choice can lead to a good healthy decision.  Did you know that a McD’s double cheeseburger has 460 calories with 23 g. of fat, 55% of it saturated fat, there is 48% sodium and 27% cholesterol.  It gets an F rating on Calorie-Counts nutritional analysis.  Now what if you added in a large fry and a Coke, you would have eaten most of your recommended calories for the day in that one meal.  Now, if you could choose to plan ahead, make a nice healthy lunch for yourself, you would be saving yourself lots of extra calories, fat, sodium.  If you do this for more then 1 meal a day, you could probably save yourself tons of extra pounds over a year!


Think of all the other little choices in the day for food alone that you need to make.  Is all that candy on the co-workers desk really what you want?  Is that cake for the office party really gonna get you to your goal, or are you doing it because everyone else is?  What are your goals, what choices are you going to make to achieve those goals?  It may be hard, but if you are committed to that goal, you will make the right choice.

No comments: