About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Following the Meal Plan


Whenever you order a product from Beachbody, you need to read all the materials that came with it from cover to cover.  There is a ton of good information to help you get started on your path to success.  
When I read about the meal plan that came with Turbo Jam, on page 23 of the Turbo Results Guidebook, it states I should pick 1 of the recommended breakfast choices, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and 1-2 snacks.  From their list of sample meals, they say you can mix and match them.  If you follow their meals, the total daily calories you consume will be about 1500 per day.  
I want to recommend that you also look at it as a skeleton.  This is a tip I learned from my coach!  She mentioned break it down into simple categories and then use these to help plan your next meal.

For example, one of the sample breakfast items is Poached Eggs and Toast.
The breakfast says to eat 2 eggs, poached, 1 slice of whole wheat (whole grain toast) and 1/2 teaspoon of butter or 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or soy nut butter or 2 tablespoons of salsa.

Now, if we break this down
2 eggs = 1 serving of protein
1 slice of toast = 1/2 serving of carbs
1 tablespoon of peanut butter = 1 fat serving

My lunch choice for the day is The Zena Burger (from their receipt).  It calls for 
4 oz of lean ground beef or turkey  or = 1 serving of protein
1/2 whole wheat bun = 1 serving of carbs
lettuce to taste = 1 serving of veggie for the lettuce, tomato, and onion
sliced onion
1 sliced tomato
1 egg = 1 serving of protein
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar = 1 serving of a condiment

Dinner I picked the Turbo Mexicana (rice and beans), this calls for
3/4 cups boiled brown rice = 1 serving of carb
2 tablespoons diced onions = 1 veggie (including tomatoes)
1/2 cup stewed tomatoes
1 tbsp white wine = 1 fat
3/4 cup black beans = 1 protein
Tabasco = 1 condiment

My first snack  is the Berry Sensation
1-2 scoops of protein powder = 1 serving protein
6-8 oz. of water - enough said here!
ice
8 strawberries = 1 serving of fruit

My last snack is the Vanilla Banana Shake
1-2 scoops of protein powder = 1 serving protein
water and ice- gain, enough said- never get enough water!
and 1 banana = fruit

Now I look at my meals and notice that it is a little protein, carb and veggie for most of my meals.  My snacks are protein and a fruit.  A little extra condiment or fats is ok, if limited in the day.  If you start thinking about doing a balance at all your meals a little protein, carbs and veggies with some fruit and more protein for your snacks, your choices of what to eat are now endless.  Also, when you choice your meals for the day, pay attention to Michi's Ladder.  Continue to choose items from the top 2 piers.  By paying attention to what you eat, when you eat and the size (portion) of your meals, you can make many healthy choices that will help you accomplish your goals, without really being "on a diet".

I know this is kind of hard to explain, but I'd love to help you get your diet down.  So, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me and we can work out your meals together!

WhyWait08@gmail.com

Enjoy your meals!  Just choose wisely!  And, it really does get easier as you go!

No comments: