About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

One a Day!


As I have been learning more about a healthy diet, I keep hearing about the importance of taking a multi-vitamin.  I have always tried to take them, but my one a day typically became more like one a week or sometimes even less.  
When I am really good and track my meals on a program like Fitday.com, the program will also track your nutrients.  I entered in the vitamin's information as one of the custom food options and started to log those in as well.  I then quickly realized, that all those other nutrients that I am supposed to be getting in, where not in my foods.  But, with the one little multi-vitamin I was suddenly hitting the daily recommended dosage.  Because of just seeing this, I made a conscience effort to really remember to take that vitamin everyday.
Since I started doing this and it has become a habit, I can honestly say that I think I do feel a difference.  I just feel better, a little brighter and more energetic.  One the days I miss taking my vitamin, it's like my body is just a little down.  Here's an example of how I feel.  When I take my vitamins everyday, I feel like it's my birthday and someone just gave me a nice gift.  I'm happier with a little extra perk in my step.  On the days I miss my vitamin, I feel like a day were I just heard some sad news.  I'm not as there mentally.  My mind is saddened by the news which wants my body to just move a little slower then on a normal day.
Now that I know how my body reacts and how it seems to want me to take in that vitamin, I try even harder to remember to take one a day!
  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the feeling you get. .Unfortunatly, Its hard for me.. I take thyroid medicine in the morning & cant take my vitamins until 4 hours after I take my thyroid medicine... I need to get in the habbit of taking it at lunch or dinner.. but I dont.. Its just hard to remember.

Heather B. said...

I take mine with dinner, and it is hard to remember, but after awhile- that too almost becomes a habit.

Funny, I heard someone say the same thing. You feel great when you take them, just remembering to do it is the hard part.