About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Phase 2, here I come


Today's workout is the first in Phase 2.  It's hard to believe that week 5 is here already.  It seems like yesterday that this new journey into P90X just began.

Day 29 is Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by Ab Ripper X.  I also had a little extra energy at the end so decided to do a little Ten Minute Trainer Cardio work.

Boy that was a tough day, but it felt great!

Chest, shoulders and triceps is a different routine then I was doing the first 30 days.  This switch is designed to help you avoid a plateau.  I think it will work.  Today was a lot of new moves, more intense push-ups and definitely some tough shoulder and tricep work.  This rotation of push-ups includes the push-ups with claps in the middle, one armed push-ups, they push-ups that slide your arms to the side to incorporate a shoulder fly.  I love the variety.  In this workout is also more weight work to get your shoulders and triceps to really feel the burn.

Once I finished that intense workout, I did my standard Ab Ripper X.  I weight deserately to get to the mason Twists at the end because I know my torture is soon over.  But, wanting those 6 pack abs means doing the work.  And ab ripper X will get me there!

Since I seemed to have a little extra energy, I decided to do a little bonus workout.  Where that extra energy came from was a surprise, must have been that recovery week was what my body needed to jump start Phase 2.  

My bonus workout was the 10 minute trainer cardio workout.  This workout comes with a resistance band that straps to a door and goes around your waist.  I opted to skip the extra resistance work.  I am so glad I did.  the cardio workout is 10 minutes, 10 moves each a minute each.  It reminds me a lot of Plyometrics in P90X with some jumping in tires.  It made me feel like I was training for football practice, running away from the defensive line.   All I know it was short, fun and I was soaking wet when I was done.  I will definitely add some more of the 10 minute workouts into my daily rotation.  And I will remember to use this on days were I am short on time.  No more excuses, here I come.




No comments: