About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

SOME DAYS


There are just those days when you don't want to work out.  I know, today was one of them.  It was a nice relaxing weekend.  It's a tough Monday.  Plus, yesterday was my rest day.  My husband is sick and laying around.  All this, just makes it one of those days that is so hard to want to workout.

But, I know I have to do it.  I struggle with the thought of pushing play or the idea of making an excuse not to.

I go to the message boards and talk to all the people there.  I hear them all say, I did it, I pushed play.  I then here over and over how the pounds are starting to fall off.  Each one of these stories, kept me going trough my head saying- see, they did it, now so can you!  You want to achieve your goals, don't you.  So, just get up and go do it, stop trying to make excuses not to workout, just do it!

Today was supposed to be Yoga X, another reason I was delaying the workout.  Yoga, really is not one of my favorites.  But, after talking to myself over and over that I could not leave my good thread friends down, I made a compromise to myself.  I would not do yoga, but I would put in one of my favorites for a day when I lack the desire to push play.  Tonight would be Turbo Jam, Cardio Party 3.  That was all I needed, I put in the video, I pushed play and I had a ton more energy then I thought.  I got nice and low on the stances, I used power in the punches, and I kicked as high as I could.  I finally showed up, so I was really gonna do my best and Bring It!  

After it was all said and done, I felt great.  My mind was clear from the stresses of the day.  I had more energy to finish my evening.  My earlier excuses were no longer even imaginable.   

The moral of my story, we all have days were we struggle.  But, if you just decide to do it, you may be surprised that once you start you will be glad you did and the end result will be so much more rewarding then if you talked yourself into that excuse!  So- DID YOU DECIDE TO BRING IT TODAY?

No comments: