About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Core Synergistics


Today's workout was Core Synergistic!  This workout first shows up during the recovery week of the P90X program.  But, let me tell you, this is no easy workout.

This workout includes walking push-ups and inmate push-ups to name a few.  It includes lunges with tricep and bicep work all at the same time.  There are these crazy moves like banana and superman and boat.   Tony also runs you through a move that you use in everyday life, its lifting a box off the floor and placing it on the shelf.

This workout is intense!  It's geared to the core section, but Tony manages to include all your muscle groups from legs, arms to shoulders!  This is really not a typical recover week workout.  
During the recovery week of P90X, you do core synergistic almost every other day and you do yoga and stretch on the off days.    Each of these workouts I know is going to get me stronger and more ready to move into Phase 2.  I also know, that this workout will help get me one step closer to my 6 pack abs!

If you are on the lean version of P90X , you will get to enjoy this workout more often then just during the recover week.  

Today makes day 23 of my modified version of P90X done and complete!  That only leaves 67 more days to go!


No comments: