About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Friday, June 6, 2008

The weekend is coming!


Today is Friday!  We all love this day, it means the start of the weekend!  Woo Hoo
Ok, so now we all have stuff planned, picnics, parties, summer weddings, drinks with friends.  Just think about this as you head into the weekend.  This past week you pushed so hard eating right and working out.  Now what are you going to do over the weekend?
Hopefully you have it planned and you are still focused on your goals.  That means as you prepare to enjoy your activities, you will find time in there to get your workout in.  If one of the days is your rest day, you will do that.  If not, then when will you be working out?  First thing in the morning to get it done and over with?  Sleep in and workout in the afternoon.  Maybe still late at night like any other night.  Just think about it and DO IT!
Also think about your eating.  It's a weekend, you don't want to lose all the progress you made during the week by overeating and making wrong choices on the weekend.  So, now is the time to think about your goals, your plans to make it through those special events you have planned.  Maybe pack a healthy salad to take the the family picnic where it's all hot dogs and chips.  With a little thinking and planning, you can make your weekends just as successful as during the week!  
Remember, your goals through the weekend!  They will help you to choose the right path!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitly have trouble with the weekends.. More time to eat & be lazy.. I can get the workout in no prob.. its the eating I have problems with...

Heather B. said...

I agree, being at work all day you get in a good routine, on the weekends it can be a free for all.

I actually sometimes have the opposite problems, not eating enough. I run run run and realize it's 3 pm and haven't eaten anything. That is just as bad!