About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Buddy System



They say having a workout partner or buddy helps you stay active.  There are many good reasons for this.  Having someone who is working out with you means you have a common goal- to get healthy, to lose weight, to tone up, or some combination.  Having a buddy with the same goals will help keep you on track for meeting your goals.  Other great reasons for having a workout partner is that they are their for you and counting on you as much as you are counting on them.  Which means, if you make a commitment to workout with them, you want to fulfill that commitment.  You don't want that person hanging around waiting for you to show up, and bam you never do.  Then you both lose out.  So, that buddy is keeping you accountable.

Having a person who shares the same goals, needs the same motivation is great for yet another reason, they are probably going through the same ups and downs as you.  Hopefully you are not both having down days together though!  If you are having a bad day, seem to be falling off the wagon, your buddy maybe on a roll.  They will only want to help bring you up.  They will be there to encourage you.  These are the little things that keep you motivated to go forward.

Also, that buddy is a person to talk to and share ideas, receipts, or other useful tip with.  I write my blog here to help share success stories, tips or information I learned along the way.  I learn these from my buddies, friends, partners, articles,...  The more information you have, the more you have to help you reach your goals.  So, talking things out with someone gives you another way to try and stay your course and even fine tune that path you are on.

This is why I believe the Beachbody message boards are such a great place!  I have met so many "virtual" friends and have talked to some of these people for quite a long time.  I now consider them real friends.  I know a lot of their ups and downs, I can help them out of a slump when they are having a bad day, I can give them cheers for meeting their goal (or mini goal), I can find them when they start to drift off course.  On the same token, my friends are doing all the same for me.  They are pointing out that I am slacking, or help me notice if I am over training, they will be there shouting- just go get that workout done, you will feel better as soon as you did, and they are also there saying- hey, you really don't need that chocolate cake for dinner tonight. 

I've been on the Beachbody message boards since the start of my journey.  They offer more common support for helping me reach my goals then my husband at times (who doesn't always workout or want to workout).   I am a huge believer that there is strength in numbers and the more friends you have available to push you, motivate you, encourage you, hold your head up, find you,... are all part of making it possible to stay motivated and stay on course.  I know if it wasn't for my coach and the message boards, I would have been lost along time ago.

So, I encourage everyone to stop by the Beachbody fitness message boards.  Find a "home" and find some buddies who you click with to keep you on course to meet your goals.

I encourage everyone reading this to stop by my home away from home at 


You don't need to start at page one and read every word, you don't need to know everyone's names (at least at first, you will be surprised how quickly you do get to know everyone)  Maybe the thread moves a little to fast, so then you are afraid to fall behind, that's ok, just jump in and say hi.  You don't need to read every word, just skim through and look for your name.

You will get great opinions, answers to your questions, realize how many others are having the same problems or successes.

So, what are you waiting for, stop by and say- hi my name is  _______, and I'm here to met my goal which is __________!  I look forward to seeing you there!

No comments: