About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trust the Process


We all have our moments where we feeling like nothing is happening.  The scale doesn't seem to be moving, we look in the mirror and don't see any changes, we get frustrated and state- I must have plateaued or this program isn't working.

As a coach, I want to immediately help figure out what this is.  Are you really following the program and working out as the book states?  Are you really eating as clean as you say you are, or are you cheating?  Is it the program, could it not be getting the results for you?

I think we all go through this phase.  I can not tell you how many times I have emailed my coach and said there is nothing changing, I'm busting my ass and I'm eating clean and I don't see anything happening!  My coach reminds me to stay the course, keep doing what I'm doing.  She also reminds me to make sure I am really eating clean and not throwing in a few extra cheat meals/snacks.  And she verifies I am still working out as per the program, or maybe a little modified, but still going strong.

Then, I take my pictures at the next milestone.  Maybe day 30, 60, 90 of P90X.  Maybe at the end of a Slim in 6, Slim Series, or TJ rotation.  I look at them and don't necessarily see any changes.  But, I send them to my coach and she immediately says - my goodness, you crazy person look at your stomach, butt, arms,... whatever it is that may have changed.  She will point out the things that I miss.  It's easy to see ourself everyday and not notice the changes.  It easy to get caught up win the hype that others maybe losing more or gaining more results faster.  We all have to remember we are each different.  We each are starting at different places, our ages and health conditions vary from one another, our histories are different.  We need to stop comparing ourselves to others and compare ourself to ourself!

We need to learn to trust the process.  Because in 30 days, 3 months, 6 months,.... you will see a difference.  The program will work.  There will be milestones and there will be changes at each step in the journey!

Feel free to whine, we all do at times.  As your coach, I will listen to you.  I will also remind you that you need to stay the course and keep going.  Your results will come!

2 comments:

CoachBarbie said...

I'm her coach, and she ain't lyin'!!! WE go through this every now and then, and WITHOUT FAIL, SHE ALWAYS MAKES PROGRESS!!

Feeling like you're not making progress iS NORMAL! But as long as you eat clean and BRING IT, you WILL get results!!

You're an awesome coach, Heather! LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

barbie

Heather B. said...

Thanks Barbie

Isn't it so true, I think we all go through these phases where we think nothing is happening - than bang, there it is- we just need to stop and look!

Thanks, I love your blog to. Read it all the time!

Heather