About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Green Tea


There are studies out that state green tea can help improve your fat burning capacity!  I know for me, I will occasionally swap out my morning coffee for a cup of hot green tea.  I figured, it can't hurt to give have a glass here and there if it helps me lose weight!

Why is green tea good as a fat burner?  

The main reason is that green tea extract is a source of caffeine.  Caffeine is often a component of many fat burners and has a good record as being known as a fat burner!

There are other benefits to green tea.  
  • It's a powerful anti-oxidant.  Researchers suggest that the active ingredient maybe 200 times more powerful then vitamin E.
  • Green tea may be useful as a glucose regulator.  Meaning it slows the rise it blood sugar after a meal.   (This is because it slows the action of a digestive enzyme, this enzyme is pivotal in the breakdown of starches (carbs) that can cause blood sugar levels to soar after a meal.  
  • Green tea can add in weight lose by increasing the metabolic rate.  As we know, as our metabolism increases so does the calorie burn!
  • There is suggestion that green tea can also lower body fat and cholesterol levels (lowers the LDL or the bad cholesterol).
  • It can inhabit the process that converts carbohydrates into fats.  
  • Studies suggest that consuming green tea in catechins reduces cardiovascular risks.  
Overall, if the studies are true and having a glass of green tea can help me lose weight (plus the other added bonuses), I think it is something I definitely will keep in my desk drawer at work.  Instead of coffee in the morning, a cup of tea.  I can also make a cup and add in some ice for a nice refreshing cup of iced green tea on a hot summer day!  


On a side note, if anyone thought about the Slimming Formula that Beachbody offers, there is green tea in that supplement as well.  

1 comment:

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

OMG... When I saw you were talking about green tea.. you had my attention.. I absolutly LOVE green tea.. My dad makes his iced tea with 1/2 black & 1/2 green.. I am thinking of doing the same at home.. At starbucks, I used to get those suggary drinks.. Now, I drink their green tea.. Its Amazing...

Love the blog.. Keep it going..

<3 Stacey