About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tips to getting defined abs!




I just picked up the latest issue of Oxygen magazine.  It's their special ab issue.  I would recommend anyone reading this to get this issue.  It's full of great tips, receipts for getting some nice toned abs!  (Summer 2008 issue).

I'm taking this exert from the magazine.  It's tips to watching your stomach muscles appear.

Facts of Life
Stick to the list and water the definition happen.
  • Eat six small meals per day.
  • Eat lean protein and complex carbohydrates at every meal.
  • Lean protein can come from lean poultry, fish, egg whites, soy beans, legumes, lentils, and limited nuts (remember, we are going for defined abs)
  • Complex carbohydrates come from fresh fruit and vegetables and whole grains.
  • Drink plenty of water everyday- at least 3 liters of almost a gallon.
  • Avoid all processed, refined and chemically charged foods.
  • Avoid sugars, except for naturally occurring sugars in fruit.
  • Avoid trans and saturated fats.
  • Avoid sodas and juices since they contain loads of sugar, either fake or real.
  • Limit treats to one per week rather then an entire day.

No comments: