About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lower Body Jam and Ab Jam


Tonight I did Turbo Jam's lower body jam!  That one recommends light weights and also the resistance stretch band that goes around your ankles/calves.   The workout is short, sweet and to the point!  It's about 30 minutes- yeah for short workouts!  It totally focused on the legs and butt.  Chalene says she takes you right to the edge where you can't go anymore then she changes the moves to a squat (or something different).  I do believe she is right, just when you want to start yelling STOP MY LEGS ARE BURNING, she does change moves.

I also can't believe how adding a small rubber band (ok, not quite but you get the drift) around the middle of the calves or near the ankles can really up the burn!  When she has you laying on the floor doing left lifts with the bands, I was like - oh yeah baby, now I feel it.  I'm gonna have a cute perky butt (maybe up to my ears!) with this workout!

Sitting there doing all those leg lifts with the band, I thought boy, if Debbie's leg lifts in SN6  weren't hard enough, I could really up the ante by adding that band!  Holy cow that just sounds crazy!  But, it sounds like something I may just have to try!

After lower body jam and feeling my legs wobbly like a bowl of jelly, I did some ab jam.  Ok, so standing ab jam seemed to make my legs burn even more after all that lower body work.  You do a lot of the moves to work your core from a pile style position (alright, so I don't know the technical term for that stance), but my legs still felt the burn even during my ab work.  No mercy for my now tired legs.  My favorite move in ab jam is the wheel.  I always really feel my side abs (obliques) becoming stronger during that move.  I love how ab jam is broken out into to sections, each about 10 minutes.  The first section is standing ab work and the second section is as from the floor.  Another great way to mix and match your workouts.  You can do both, or just one and you have still worked your core!

I am enjoying my time with Turbo Jam this week.  Chalene always knows how to have fun.  I use to hate that the TJ workouts were so short.  I would always want more after 30 minutes.  Now, I take the say the 30 minute leg workout and add in 20 minutes of ab jam.  Bang, a perfect workout.  Or I can take T3 and add in some cardio work like fat blaster and really get an hour of pure sweat!

So, what happened to the X you may ask.  After being sick for a few days last week, I needed a break.  Therefore, I am dedicating this week at least to doing nothing but Turbo Jam.  P90X will be there when I return!


If you are interested in learning more about or to purchase Lower Body Jam, just click here.  

No comments: