About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mini Rewards


When I was on a goal to lose weight, I set mini rewards for myself.  Maybe it was, I won't buy a new pair of jeans until I lost 10 lbs, or I won't buy that new CD until I get down another 5 lbs, maybe it was a different goal, I won't buy that new bracelet until I can do 20 push-ups.   I set myself realistic goals that I knew I could achieve and I rewarded myself with something I really wanted once I hit that goal.  Maybe the goal reward was a nice dinner out with my dear hubby.    But, each reward that I had set for myself gave me a new goal to aim for.  It kept my motivation high.  I knew my next shopping spree was just around the corner if I stay focused!

I read on one message board a bunch of ladies each said after X amount of lbs lost they would add a charm to their charm bracelet.  I thought that was a cleaver idea.  Then you have a nice piece of jewelry to wear, and every time you wear it, you will see your results right there in front of you!

If you need a little extra push and motivation, then give yourself a mini reward at certain steps along the way.  It may not be a large shopping trip, it may just be something small that you really wanted to get for yourself, but never could justify buying it.  At times, my mini reward was a nice massage to sooth those sore muscles.  But, now it's time to set your goal and pick your reward and tell yourself, hey I worked hard to reach my goal, now I deserve a small treat for myself!

Now, what's your next goal and what is the little reward for yourself once you hit that goal?


No comments: