About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Water Water Everywhere!


We all know our body needs water, right.  Well, as we workout and are trying to lose weight, drinking water is so important.  The goal is to drink at least 64 oz. of water a day.  

There are a few reasons, besides the obvious- our body needs water to survive, that drinking water helps you lose weight.

It helps control your appetite.  We often nibble on food because our body is thirsty.  Next time you have a junk food attach coming on, drink some water first and see if it helps that craving go away.   The eater will help those hunger pains go away without stuffing our face with the cookies and candies.  

Water flushes the toxins out of the body to help give you a nice clean and clear complexion.

It hydrates you so your body will be ready to workout and create that good old sweat from your workout.

Tips for drinking water:
1.  Try to drink 2 quarts of water in the morning.  Get a jump start on your day's intake.
2.  Carry bottles of water with you all day.  You can freeze some the nigh before and they will stay cold for most of the day.
3.  Drink 2 glasses of water 2 hours before a workout and another glass 1 hour before the workout.  This gets the water into your system before you work hard and sweat it all out.  
4.  Try and drink the 64 oz. of water before dinner.  Since drinking so much water may make you run to the bathroom more, we don't want you up all night!


No comments: