About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Double Whammy!


Today was a long day!  It was a bad night last night, long story.  Then work was crazy these last 2 days.  So, I almost enjoyed the thought of getting away and sitting in a meeting all day.  Not!  I had way to much to do, and didn't feel like sitting through the marathon meetings where you get bashed about things endlessly!

Normally I plan on these being marathon and will eat my snack just before I walk in the door.  Yes, early, but it ties me over.  And they normally have some salad or fruit that I can bite on during the meeting.  Today, was so bad. I was to busy to pack my snack, they offered no food.

So, the meeting that started at 8 and didn't let up until 1:30 or so was a long miss planned day.  It meant I skipped my snack, problem 1.  Then I missed my normal lunch break, problem 2.  This left me starving by the time I got the opportunity to go find food!  Then, as I was passing a McD's, I just couldn't take the rumbling in my tummy.   I was tired and grumpy on top of it.  I knew I had limited time to eat because I still has a long day ahead of me back at the office.  So, yes- McD's it was!  My meal included fries and a sweat tea on top of the not so healthy burger!

So, why do I mention this.  Its all tied together.  Missing a snack made me more hungry for lunch.  Getting no lunch compounded the problem.  So, when I was free from the bashing, I just wanted food.  That took away all rational thought of what should I eat!  Therefore, my choice was really bad!  I tell my story to let you know, that planning for long days, meetings by having a snack or protein bar in your bag is better then pushing through the day with nothing!  It just meant for me, that the 1 bad thing lead to another.  Thus, my double whammy!  Therefore, more Protein Bars will be packed into my briefcase and the next meeting I go to, I will eat in front of everyone!  Heck with them, I have a goal and an agenda!  That includes eating every 2-3 hours!  

No comments: