About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Time to Refocus!


Alright, Labor Day is now officially behind us.  That means most kids are back in school, most vacations are coming to an end, basically summer season is slowly coming to an end.  I know, we all don't want to think about that.  But, what we do need to do is refocus on our goals, our workouts and our eating!  Now that summer BBQ's are done, crab feasts, picnics,... and all the other stuff we tend to enjoy in the summer that impact our diets are now gone.  So, let's look ahead and start planning our meals.  I want Sept. to be the month to refocus on where we are at, where we are going, and what are goals are?  I'd like everyone to go to Fitday.com, Calorie-Count.com or whatever program you use to track your daily food intake, and record 1 full week of everything you eat and if you can all your activities.  Let's see if we have realistic portion sizes, if our calories that we have been assuming were in our range really are?  Let's get it right now before we kick into full gear.

Same thing with our workouts!  If the kids are in soccer, then we need to workout our self and schedule our "game" time!  We need to think about our goals and how we are going to get there!  I'd like everyone to plan out their schedule for the entire month.  Post it on the fridge where you will see it everyday!  Then make a commitment to yourself to just show up!  I want everyone to make a commitment to workout a minimum 20 times between today and the end of the month!  20 days!  You can do it!

This is the month to spend time and really think about what you want and how you will get their!  This is the time to focus on what you have been doing and is it working or not?  If not, let's figure it out!

October 1 we are starting a New Year's Challenge on the message boards.  Basically we plan on doing a round of P90, P90X, Chalene Extreme (when it comes out in Oct.) or some other 90 day rotation!  90 days!  If we start Oct., go through Nov. and December and BANG!  We have hit our goal by New Year's.  That means a new you for 2009!  That means no more New Year's resolution to get in shape, it will be a New Year's Resolution to keep getting stronger and healthier!  

So, now I want you to spend September to refocus, put the summer daydreams behind you and get your goals in focus.  October will be here in no time and I want everyone ready to BRING IT for the New Year's Challenge!

No comments: