About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

P90X - Legs and Back



Today, is yet another day in the round of P90X!  It was legs and back.  I'm not sure why phase 2 seems so hard, but who thought of putting Back and Bi, then Yoga, then Legs and Back and then Kenpo all in a row.  Ok, so Yoga is a good break in the middle of 2 days of back work, but let me tell ya all those pull-ups really is tough.  Then you do legs and the next day is Kenpo!  I know my butt will be burning again all weekend.

So, as I continue to move through each day, just getting one day closer to the end, I would think it would start to get easier!  It just never does.  Why, I continue to bring it!  

My DVD player broke, and one of these days I MUST replace it.  I need to be able to watch my workouts!  But, in the mean time, I have been using my laptop to view my videos!  Its ok becuase I have done these workouts so many times, I kind of know them and don't need Tony on the big screen with his wise jokes!  But, I do find myself watching TV more as I workout.  For example, today with legs and back, as I sat in the wall squats or the chair pose, I ignored the pain and spent those few minutes just focused on what was happening on tv!  I kind of laugh, because I never really watch tv.  I typically have it on in the background, but here I am doing a workout and really concentrating on the show.  Why, I had to stop thinking about the buring pain in my shaking legs!

It worked, because I managed to do every second of chair and the wall squats.  I manged to go a little lower in the squats,...

So, paying attention to form is extremely important, but freeing your mind from the pain with a little distraction can help you push through the moves!

I like legs and back!  Its a great workout without any weights!  Its has a few pull-ups to allow a few minutes of freedom from working the legs!  I know that the leg/butt are some of the bigger muscles and that working those muscles really makes me work up a sweat.  This is one resistance workout that doesn't seem like a resistance workout, yet I feel the burn and it will not leave my tush for days!

No comments: