About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Game Plan Weekend

View from the hotel! Yup, incredible!


So this past weekend I was in Dana Point, California at the Beachbody Game Plan Event. This was an amazing opportunity. The Game Plan was a leadership training program for all the top coaches. It was pretty much an all expense paid vacation (excluding airfare) at the gorgeous Ritz-Carlton Resort overlooking the ocean! When Beachbody does an event, they go all out! This is just one more perk of being a coach!

I have to say, I had an amazing time. I honestly have to say that seeing and being with the Beachbody Crew is like being with a whole extension of family. Everyone there went through the same ups and downs to get where they are today. From gaining, losing weight and learning to eat right, from health issues to just wanting more energy. Also everyone there is passionate about being coach and helping people get results! Being with them is so fun, you never even consider it a job, but yes I am getting paid to help others get in shape! I am getting the opportunity to go to sunny California to meet with the top leaders, the corporate people, and even the trainers like Tony Horton and Chalene Johnson.

Tami French an awesome coach and my coach, Barbie, before saying goodbye (or till we meet again.)

Two more awesome coaches, Doug and Tammy Fitzgerald. You can see them in the commercials.

I wanted to just share, that this leadership program was incredible. I learned how to be a better coach, I learned how to be a better mentor to my team. But, more importantly, I learned how to be better for myself! It is so important to take time to learn an improve your own life everyday. This makes you a better person!

Larry Zimberg, with Beachbody and an incredible motivation to our team.

We had the chance to listen to Darren Hardy (I hope I have his name correct) from Success Magazine talk. He is just a great motivational speaker on how to improve your life to get what you want!

I'm going to say this, I personally have really been focusing on improving me. I have been doing what all the best of the best people continue to recommend. These 2 tips are so simple, yet so many people just don't realize how much it can change your life. The 2 things to help better yourself to get the results or to reach the goals you have/want are this:

1. Read 10 pages a day of a good book in personal development. It could be anything, but something to improve you. If you need help in fiances, read about fiances. If you want to have a better relationship with your spouse, read about that. The options are endless. There are books on goals, getting rich, achieving success! Find one today and just start reading. 10 pages before you go to sleep is nothing in a course of a day.

2. Listen to a minimum of 15 minutes of audio a day. So make your commute to work become Drive Time University! Again, this audio should be something to help improve YOU. Find a book on tape from any great motivational speaker and listen to it while you drive. This is so much better then the negative news that you hear in the morning.

I believe this year I have picked up a few books/audios and have taken time to improve me. I want to learn, I want to grow. It's helping me reach my goals. It's helping me find the hidden secrets to success. I will get what I want because I know and write down and think about what I want. I know we are all busy, but I promise you that taking time to read 10 pages a day and listening to 15 minutes of good audio will help change your life for the better.

My book of the month that I highly recommend: Jeff Olsen's The Slight Edge, The Secrets to a Successful life. You can order it at Amazon for about $10. This book will make you realize how the little things you do will set you on a path to success!

A little training, keeping in mind that Passion is important.

Of Course, a little fun before a workout with Chalene J. and her new Turbo Fire workout! (Me, Jason (Puckhead) an Barbie)

No comments: