About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Customizing P90X!




One of the beautiful things about P90X is its versatility. It can be molded into different things. The program offers you three training options: classic, lean, and doubles. These training schedules target different end-goals. You have probably also seen customized P90X plans to incorporate P90X into you skiing, marathon, and other activities.

The key to customizing a plan is understanding the structure of P90X, because any program should follow the structure of P90X.


Your Foundation
No matter what your end-goals, you almost always want to do a full round of P90X as designed, because it builds such a solid foundation. If you don't think you are ready for P90X, why not start with Power 90® or Slim in 6 to build your foundation for P90X. Either way, it's important to have a well-rounded fitness base regardless of what you're training for—whether it's a triathlon or a bodybuilding competition.

One of the most common reasons that people don't improve at a sport and get injured is by only training specifically for that sport and ignoring their base fitness. Get in the habit of thinking of P90X as high-level base (or foundation) training. The base you build with P90X improves your capacity for improvement for all other endeavors.

Periodization
Periodizational training came about when we figured out how long your body could continue to make improvements in one realm or another. It's all based around a progression curve where three things happen. First, you adapt to training (the adaptation phase). Next, you make rapid progress once your body masters the style of training (the growth or mastery phase). Finally, your body no longer makes improvements because it's too good at the chore you've given it, rendering your training too easy. Your progression curve then levels off, which is called a plateau. Whether a foundation program or a specialized program, all physical training follows the above progression curve example.

Progressive Overload
To keep your body from hitting a plateau, you must overload your system during each workout. Adding weight or intensity over time is referred to as progressive overload. In the simplest sense, each workout should be slightly harder than the last. When you can no longer achieve this, you've hit a plateau.

Recovery
Following the above progression will eventually lead to a plateau, no matter how precise your training is. When this happens, your fitness will only improve if you let your body recover or, more appropriately, do exercise that promotes recovery.

Putting It All together
Every sound fitness program will consider the above. Designing actual programs requires more knowledge and consideration, but these steps will be the template for everything you do.


Also remember, you can add even more variety and challenges to you P90X routine by either incorporating P90X+ or Tony's One on One series. P90X+ is definately more challenging and can push you even further! The One on One series is a great way to mix and add variety to you normal P90X workouts. For example, I love The Fountain of Youth in place of YogaX. It's shorter and just perfect to fit into my day!

Finally- make sure to log into your Team Beachbody Account to order. Not a Free Member of Team Beachbody, then visit my website at Heathers Fitness Spot to check out the details of these programs or to order.

Also if you have questions how we can customize a plan that works for you, drop me an email at Heather@@BeachbodyCoach.com

Your Beachbody Coach,
Heather

No comments: