About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Path


The journey to go from out of shape me, to a leaner, stronger fitter person is like walking along a path.  
That means, I take this journey one day at a time, one step at a time.  I work each day to focus on eating right and getting my workout in.  I have many days were I struggle just like everyone.  I have just as many excuses in my book as everyone else does.  But, I know my goals and my goals are where I assume my path will end.  I know that each time I make an excuse, I took another detour on my path and it will be a little longer to get to the end.
While continuing down my path, I found many things along the way.  One day, it was just looking at the scale and seeing it 5 lbs lighter then just a few weeks earlier.  The next time, it was realizing I just completed some cardio sequence that was killing me a few days earlier.  There was a time when I realized that my pants were starting to fall off, then soon even the next size smaller was falling off.  One day, muscle definition started to show, ever so slowly growing more and more fit.  Each step of my journey seemed to have yet another surprise waiting for me.
As you choose your path toward reaching your goal, pay attention to each little step and surprise along the way.  These little things add up.  These little things are the whole reason you push those excuses aside.  Keep taking doing down the path, just one day at a time, one step at a time.  There is no race, there maybe no real end.  If the end of my path was my original goal, then I  have hit that end.  But, as I continued my journey, I realized my goals have changed as my body and mind were changing.  Each new goal made my journey a little longer.  Do I complain, not in the least bit.  I just stop and look back at the progress I made and I know that each day, each step on my journey brought me where I am today.  That each day I continue down my path there may be some unplanned added detours and there will be some reasons I purposely changed paths.  I will just keep going one step at a time, one day at a time.  Where this path ends, nobody knows.

No comments: