About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm going blind!


That is what I was yelling to Michael tonight.  I said hurry up and grab me a towel, I'm going blind!

I again, did my wonderful Debbie's Burn it Up!  Man I hated that workout at the end of my 42 days.  I have flashbacks of dying through the cardio, skipping the lunges, skipping all the "fast ones" in the leg lift series.  Thinking, won't these 4 weeks of burn it up ever come to an end?  I remember cursing Debbie out for all those squats!  I was just telling my friends on the message boards my story about hating to go to the toilet because it hurt so bad to sit down and then to get up when I was done!!!

Yet, today, almost a year later- it wasn't as bad as I remember.  I actually made it through the workout without having to yell, "Stop you squat Natzi!  Let me go!"  I actually enjoyed the workout.  Hmm, what a 180 degree turn around from a year ago.

But, I do know that I forgot my towel before I started!  And boy did I sweat today!  I have a lot of workouts that really make me sweat.  But today was different!  I wasn't dripping, I was causing rivers!  All over my body!  I was so wet, I looked like I rubbed baby oil over my body it was glistening from a mile away!  I kept plugging through.  I can't let a little sweat make me hit pause!  First it was the resistance work.  Crazy me, I had to use a magenta colored band.  My coach says increase the weights to tone the arms.  So, stronger bands- here I come ( I want more definition in my arms!)  Wow, it was tough, but I made it through that section!  

Then, I got to the leg lifts.  Already a killer section of the workout.  But, now the sweat just poured straight down my forehead and into my eyes!  Ok, not so bad at first.  But as the intensity increased and my legs were burning the sweat just kept coming!  Finally those eyes were burning.  That's when I made the cry for help to Michael!  What, stop, no way!  I wanted to prove I could do the leg lifts.  I couldn't stop for a towel!  But, once my wonderful husband came running with a towel while laughing, I have to admit, it was a perfect time to "take a break" from the lifts!  Yes, I did skip a few.  Can I say I did it for the safety of my eyes?  Ok, an excuse.  So, tomorrow the goal- do them all!  That is if my already sore butt can handle another day!  It will just have to!  Because, Debbie you will not conquer me!  I will do it, sweat will not be in the eyes and ears!  (Yes, going deaf was closely behind the going blind).  I will be loaded with my towel and ready to go!

Tomorrow I will succeed!  I will do those leg lifts!  I want that lifted behind for the weekend!  I will do all those leg lifts!  And I will be thanking Debbie when I am done!  

No comments: