About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Time for reflection!


First, I want to take a quick moment to remember all the people lost 7 years ago in New York and DC.  I also want to thank all the people that are still out there fighting for our freedoms!  We should never forget 9/11/01!

Now, as I reflect on the today and think about where I was 7 years ago, I can also tie that into my fitness beginnings with Beachbody!  I first ordered P90 off an infomercial and logged onto the message boards back on 8-18-01!  I have definitely been a member of Beachbody for a long time!  It's so hard to believe.  I remember doing P90 with my boyfriend at the time.  I was losing weight as the program progressed, but he was getting amazing results!  He was getting some nice ripped abs!  I will never forget how I thought it was so unfair that we were doing the same thing and yet he was getting incredible results!  I am sure, that I was also getting nice, toned and slim, but I never see it in myself!  I remember losing a lot of days in my program around 9/11!  It was hard to get a focus on the fitness when at that moment there just seemed to be so many more important things in life.  Friends, family and just being an overall good citizen and wanting to help others!

Today, is just about a year since I really got back into my fitness routine.  My first post was on Sept. 27th on my coaches message board, the Slim Spot!    My first post was on page 3, where she is now over 300 pages and still going strong!   That day I was on day  of Slim in 6!  If it wasn't for my coach, Miss Barbie and her gang of supportive people in the Slim Spot, I know I would never have made it to where I am today!  I logged in almost everyday for accountability!  I emailed her often that I wasn't seeing results and that I had a terrible diet.  I'm sure I was a whiny (and still can be) coachee!  

So Sept. 27th to today, what did I learn?  
  • I learned how to eat!  
  • I learned how to be accountable to myself.  
  • I learned how to schedule my day to allow time for my fitness program.
  • I learned the scale will move when it wants too.  And many days it doesn't want to!
  • I learned to go at my own pace!
  • I learned with each workout I would be stronger then the next, either in strength, determination or endurance!
  • I learned that my doctors were happy with my results!  
  • I learned that the support of others is a big help in achieving my goals.
  • I learned we all have bad days, weeks!
I could go on and on!  I just look back and see the changes!  As I was doing my workout tonight, I saw my reflection in the patio window.  I could barely recognize the person I was seeing.  I am so lean, I have better posture, I have a cute lifted butt, I have definition in my abs, I have an attitude that I can do it and it will get done!  It's a relief and an amazing change!

I am no longer that tight size 12 pants, I am a cute size 4!  I have lost over 31" inches.  I have lost at least 9% body fat per my stupid scale!  I really need to do current pictures and measurements!  I no longer dread shopping for cloths that will not look right or cover the right spots!  I am truly a different person today that I was a year ago!

Becoming a coach was a very positive step in my journey!  I started coaching in May to help others see results they want to get too!  I have seen my mom getting awesome results and making her doctors very happy!  I am seeing many of my coachees getting slim and trim everyday!  I feel so warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I can take my love of heath and fitness to help others get in the best shape of their lives!

This has been a very positive and wonderful year!  I am looking forward to my October 1 challenge because it will be my kick-start to another year of staying young and in the best shape of my life!  I welcome everyone to join me!  If I can do this, I know you all can too.  Maybe you are just starting your journey, but that's fine- we all started somewhere!

If you are interested in having me coach you to the best body ever!  Or if you are interested in learning how you can turn your love of health and fitness into a business all while helping others get into their best shape ever, then drop me an email at HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com!

No comments: