About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What does it take?



What does it take everyday to get the awesome results you want?

Commitment or Motivation?

Let's start by seeing what the definition of these 2 words are:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Commitment means to duty or pledge to something or someone, and can refer to:

  • Personal commitment, interaction dominated by obligations. These obligations may be mutual, or self-imposed, or explicitly stated, or may not. Distinction is often made between commitment as a member of an organisation (such as a sporting team, a religion, or as an employee), and a personal commitment, which is often a pledge or promise to ones' self for personal growth.

Motivation is the reason or reasons for engaging in a particular behavior, especially human behavior as studied in economicspsychologyneuropsychology, andphilosophy. These reasons may include basic needs such as food or a desired object, hobbies, goal, state of being, or ideal. The motivation for a behavior may also be attributed to less-apparent reasons such as altruism or morality. According to Geen,[1] motivation refers to the initiation, direction, intensity and persistence of human behavior.

So, what does it take?
The way I read these definitions and in my opinion, is that you need to make a COMMITMENT to yourself to get in better shape!  Without making that pledge or making it a duty to yourself to have that goal in mind to lose weight, firm up, get healthy,... then finding the MOTIVATION will be impossible!  If you haven't made the commitment, then there is no reason behind the motivation!

You could come on the boards and talk to your coach and say I am having a bad day, I need you to give me a kick in the butt!  As your coach, I promise to give you that kick in the butt.  I promise to try and encourage you to just go and push play!  What I can't do is make you do it?  What will make you do it?  When you know that you have that goal and the commitment to reach that goal!  When you make that promise to yourself to do it, then it's amazing how the motivation will fall into place!  There are more reasons why to workout and eat clean verses reasons to find an excuse not too!

Now, I want you to make a commitment to yourself!  I want you to set a goal and write it down.  Place that goal  somewhere like your bathroom mirror where you see it all the time!  Also include why you are doing this?  Is it to lose weight because you are tired of not finding cloths at fit, is it to improve your health per your doctor?  Once you tell yourself the important reasons you are making this commitment to yourself, you will have a reason to workout!  Now you need motivation to get your through a bad day, go to that spot where you have your goal and reasons written down!  That will be your motivation!  You are committing to doing something for yourself!  You don't need people to push you to workout because the only person that can do it is YOU!

No comments: