About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Little things over time...


You know, I think everyone has some time in their "transformation" where they think that the results will never come. We get up everyday, we workout everyday, and we eat right all the time aiming for the bigger picture. Ok, yes we all slip a little here and there, but for the most part we are consistent. We are doing a little bit everyday and we are moving forward.

We all at some point wonder, when am I going to fit into these jeans, when am I going to see my arms all toned, when am I going to be running that mile without a break. We all have these feelings. It doesn't matter if we are new and making small steps or if we are doing this constantly for awhile, we all have a goal and we all wonder when we will achieve it. We all have our little doubts, or thoughts that you'll never hit that goal you see. But, if you stay focused and you keep going, and you keep doing a little bit everyday, you will be surprised one day when you wake up and brush your teeth and what do you see in the mirror, some cuts on your arms Those cuts show the bicep or shoulder muscles you worked hard to get. Maybe you stepped on the scale and it finally budged in the direction you have been waiting for! Maybe your jeans are a little loser then they were yesterday or your in a new belt hole.

What I'm saying is that if you keep going, you keep doing the little things that improve your health everyday, eventually you will get to your goal! They will suddenly appear to you! So, start paying attention! Look for the small things, look for the day you pushed a great workout an were not out of breath, look for the day you increased the weights because what you used the last time where too light, look for the day that cut in your arm or stomach just starts to appear! Then tell everyone! Tell people your making progress and all your hard work is paying off! You know why? When you tell someone of your accomplishments, its a reward for sticking to it everyday! Yes, it's a small step, but it's a step! When you have something to shout out about, then you know what- you'll have set your mind up to look for the next small step toward your goal. Ok, so your a little shy and don't feel like telling the world about your success, here is a secret that I do.

Every morning when I wake up, I grab my little journal. I write down 7 things that I was successful at the day before. I write down 7 little things that pushed me to my goal or you know what, that made my day! I focus on each little step in my journey! I write down that I skipped the cake at the party or that I did a workout and was at a higher intensity then the day before. Sometimes, I just write - I did my workout when I didn't want to! On good days, I write, I say my shoulder muscles when I brushed my hair. Today, I was happy to say, even my shadow looks fit! By spending 5 minutes each morning to focus on what you accomplished and achieved that day before will set your day up to do and achieve a little more today! These little 7 things will add up over time! Then, sooner then you think, you will be writing that you achieved your goal! Only to find out, at the same time you achieved one goal, your starting on a new one!

So, do a little bit everyday! Write down your little successes! When your having a bad day, and think your not going anywhere, then look back on your journal and look at all the things you have achieved! Look at all the little struggles you had on the way, yet managed to accomplish and overcome!

This trick can be used for anything in your life! Reach all your dreams, not just your health and fitness goals! Write down the little things that drive your day, make you happy, make you a SUCCESS!

Have a great day!
Heather


I'm a fitness coach and can help you reach your dreams. You know what, I do this for free! Join me today by signing up here, after you sign up email me and let me know how I can help you! I know you can SUCCEED : http://tinyurl.com/JoinMe4Free


No comments: