About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Motivation and Getting it Done!



Ok, I know it's been awhile since I blogged, but I am changing that. starting today, I am committed to writing a few times a week again! I've been in a writing slump lately! Yes, my newsletters have been late too.

Today's topic is motivation and get it done! Even though I haven't been writing, I have been working out everyday! I've been working out with my Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire. I've also gone to a live workout with Tony Horton here in DC and ran a 5k race with Tony! So, the motivation to workout and get it done is there. But, the writing has not been. :-(

So, I was thinking, what drives me everyday to just get my workout in? I do it because it is good for me! It's taking me one step closer to my goal. It makes me feel good and overall makes me a happier person during the day! I do it because it is part of my routine. I have in my calendar what time of the day I will be working out, and I just do it! I don't allow myself excuses to skip a day!

I've been reaching out to my coachees lately! Yes, personally picking up the find and calling them! Just checking in and seeing how I can help! I've learned from each person how much my blogs and newsletters are helping them! I've had a lot of people commit that they missed the few that I skipped, or lacked reading my posts. That brought back warm fuzzies and made me realize it is important I keep in touch with you, that I do write more. It does help me stay focused and drives me forward as well. See, often times I write my blogs and newsletters and never get a whole lot of responses back from you. Therefore, I wonder if this is reaching people an making a difference. But, this week has taught me a lot! Thanks everyone that says you missed me! I promise to be around more!

That said, I am now going to schedule time for working out, blogging and sending out my newsletter because I know they are all important! I know if I make the time, put it on my to do list it will get done! So, be ready, as we take off! Come back often! Post comments and let me know what you want to hear about or how you are doing! I'm ready to go, are you ready to go too? Where? To be the best person possible! Healthy on the inside and out!

Thanks for the motivation to my friends to drive me in updating my blog more! I do love writing, and can't believe I stopped!

Here's to your health!

Heather

Facebook: Heather's Fitness Spot (Fan Page)


4 comments:

lasxrcista said...

Yay!! I'm not really new to BeachBody products (bought P90X a year ago), but my motivation fell by the wayside. Three days ago I decided to commit once again. Through your tweets, blogs, and facebook posts, you've helped me get to this point, so THANK YOU! Hopefully through the same vessels I can stay motivated to finish this program!

Heather B. said...

Hi Lasxrcista!

Thanks, I'm so glad I can motivate you! It's nice to see your back on track, and it doesn't matter what program or activity your doing, as long as your moving!

Keep posting, and join me on my facebook page and we can definitely keep each other accountable!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Heathers-Fitness-Spot/103572676343821?v=app_4949752878&ref=ts

lasxrcista said...

Hey there Heather! I'm already following ya on Facebook! ;-) (Natalie Wiser-Orozco's my name) Hey I tried finding your group(The Fitness Spot) on Beach Body.com. I got an email from ya (heatherb@beachbodycoach.com) saying that was the name of your group... How do I find it? I searched for the name, and it didn't come up with any results... :-(

Heather B. said...

Hey Natalie! Thanks! So many "screen names" its hard to keep up! I'll look for the group and post it on the facebook page!

How you doing? Did you get it done today?