About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Obstacles


Everyday we run into obstacles that try to derail us from reaching our goals. But, it's how we overcome these obstacles that makes us the winner!

This morning, I woke up to no power in my house. At first, I was like- but, I have this TO Do List that is crazy! I want to blog, I want to get my newsletter out to my peeps, I want to workout! I already have it set in my mind that today is a Tony Day! Chest and Back with some AB RIPPERX to be exact. That is just the start of all the things to do. There are emails, and chatting on Facebook, there are tools I want to create and just a life with power is nice. I mean, breakfast starts with some coffee and oatmeal! How do I make that without power? I look at it as my first of many obstacles for the day!

I decided that I would come to Starbucks for my coffee, my oatmeal, and yes to write my blog! Who knows what else I will get accomplished as I sit here (using their free wifi) as I enjoy my coffee!

See, since last night (or actually longer) I have been realizing I miss the challenge of Chest and Back. I miss the fact I was actually working toward my goal of one day doing a full unassisted pull-up! But, to do that I Need to actually do pull-ups! See Chalean Extreme with Turbo Fire is an incredible workout, and it's building those muscles. Yes, it's easier in a way, as there are no pull-ups in it. BUT, it's not helping me ever achieve my goal! So, I am not going to rid my life of Chalean Extreme, I am just going to add in some P90X! (I love variety anyway). This is my new goal, my mind is set! Push-ups and Pull-ups galore! I will love you again.

But, as I woke up excited to get jiggy with Tony, the power thing really threw me off. How? How am I going to do what I had on my list, that I had been thinking about? How can I push play if there is no power? Well, I could let this obstacle get in the way, but I won't!

After I finish my coffee, I will be heading home. I know that the P90X books include all the worksheets, plus I have them available in my workout log book! I'm just going to grab my worksheet and follow along! See, I have done the workout enough that when it says reverse grip chin-up, I know what that is and can do it! If I don't, I believe the P90X book explains all the moves in detail! So, I could always go there for a reference! Yes, I will miss Tony's off the wall humor, but no- this obstacle will not defeat me today!

Now, that said, what obstacle is getting in the way of you reaching your goals, accomplishing your to do's? What are you going to do about it? Are you going to sit back and let it happen, use it as the reason you did not get ahead? Use it as your excuse for the day? Or, are you going to rise above, find a way around it. Move past it to achieve or get yourself one step closer to your goal? Only you can do it! So JUST GET IT DONE!

Heather


If you'd like help reaching your fitness goals, please let me know. I'm a free coach and want to see you succeed! Sign up here for my free newsletter:

3 comments:

Jim Conrad said...

Forced variety! Most people would have gone back to bed, LOL. You have a lot of momentum to get things done regardless of what pops up. And besides, you have turned it into a lifestyle/habit which is building your character. Keep up the good work!

Heather B. said...

Thanks Jim! I have a mission and try not to let little things get in the way!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Pretty insightful post. Never thought that it was this simple after all. I had spent a good deal of my time looking for someone to explain this subject clearly and you’re the only one that ever did that. Kudos to you! Keep it up

aerobics