About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

My training update


You are probably asking, Heather, how is your training going? Where is our update?

Well, I've not been doing as well as I hoped and it is really disappointing. Being sick with the cold/flu and a sinus infection really had me down. Last week I ran 0 miles! Yup, just getting out of bed was a challenge. Thinking of running, was really not even in my mind. Heck, when you can barely walk from the bed to the couch, running will not happen!

This week, as the flu starts to go away, my body is still sore and achy. Heck, I normally run up steps, not walking up one flight has me out of breathe! So, it's been a slow week, but I'm getting back in the game. I'm not pushing it to hard, as I don't want myself to get worse.

  • This week, I ran as fast as I could on my elliptical on Tuesday night. I ended up probably doing 2.5 miles.
  • Wed. I took off.
  • Thru. I ran 3 miles outside. It was a nice cool evening. Doing the first 2 miles wasn't too bad, but that last mile home was a bear! I really had to walk/run it! But, I got it done.
  • Today (Sat.) was my long run with my group. I was hoping to feel well enough to do about 8, but quickly realized my legs were dying, my chest was tight, and my ears were hurting! So, I decided to turn around at almost the 2 mile mark. This gave me 3.75 miles logged for today. Yes, way not were I need to be, but it will have to be!
My last update was August 30 and I was at a total of 38.5 miles run. Add in 0 miles the first week of Sept. and add in the 9.25 miles this week, and I am up to a total of 47.25 miles run in my training.

The Baltimore 1/2 marathon is less then a month away. I still really need to up the miles to get to the 13.2 by race day. I'm getting a little nervous because of these last 2 weeks as a setback. But, I plan on really stretching today (maybe some P90X - Stretch X) to help loosen me up. Then, really focus on getting back in the game. I know it will all fall in place, it always does!

Remember, I'm running to ultimately do the Disney World Full Marathon (26.2 miles) in January. But, I'm running for a much greater cause, I'm running to help raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help find a cure and support the patients with Blood Cancers. To learn more about this group and their goals, please click here to read my older posts.

We all need your support to help find a cure. So, please join me in my cause and consider making a donation today! It's the support of people like you and me who have helped LLS be able to help as many people as they already have and to continue to help many many more.

To make a donation, please visit my website by clicking here. This will take you to my secured LLS donation page! Thank you in advance for your help!

Heather

No comments: