About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Breaking a Plateau

Have you hit a plateau?  Here is a quick little video to help you push through your plateau.

I bet the diet ones are my favorite tips.  From checking out how many cheats you were having in a week, or how many calories you really are eating.  

I know that when I hit a plateau and just am not getting the results I want I look first at my diet and I need to be honest with myself.  What exactly did I put in my mouth all week?  Yes, that M&M counted, yup it was only one.  But was it only 1 ten times in the day?  Or did I drink maybe a sweet tea a few times in the week?  These little things do add up, so pay attention to your diet and be honest with yourself.  If you need to, I say write down everything you eat for a week.  Then go to fitday.com and log it in to see if you are in your calorie range.  Are you really eating 1600 calories a day, or are you eating more like 1800?  You May be surprised!  Not sure how many calories you should be eating, if you are a Beachbody Club member, just go to the Eat Smart Tab then Nutritional Tools Tab to find the Caloric Needs Calculator!  (You can become a Club Member by joining here)

My other thing I do when I hit a plateau, I look at my workouts.  Have I been slacking, missing one to many workouts.  Maybe just not using the full intensity I know I have?  Or have I been more or less going through the motions?  I also look to see if I mixed it up?  I love resistance work and make sure to add that in every other day.  I also am one of those people who can get bored, so I tend to change my workouts a lot.  Meaning, this month I may do P90X and next I may do Chalean Extreme, and next I may do Turbo Jam.  But, I want to make sure that when I switch it up, I also am mixing up the intensity.  If I get in a rut and do Turbo Jam for a long period of time, my body gets a little to relaxed and use to the moves, so I know I need to add more to it.  Make sure to use heavier weights or add the hand gloves where I didn't before, or use the tube bands on the leg.  Yup, it may be harder, but the body wants a little challenge to break through the plateau.

Again, be honest with yourself first!  Now, watch this quick video for other tips!  And finally, if you need help on your fitness journey, please drop me an email at HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com.  Let's talk about your goals and how you will get there!

Have a FIT day!

Heather


No comments: