About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I can Run, I will Run!


I woke up this morning and decided I would swap out Plyo X for Cardio X.  I whacked my knee the day before at work and thought it would be best to not jump on it for a bit.

Cardio X started off with my least favorite thing in the world, yoga!  Whatever the reason, I just find yoga boring.  But, by no means easy.  When I do yoga, I make sure to hold as good of form as possible.  I make sure to stretch a little more each time and go as low as I can in the poses like warrior.  At least I'll get some leg work out of it, and the stretching is something my body really really needs!  But, at 5 am, waking up and not being motivated makes it soo hard to want to get through the workout.  I continued past my never ending yoga (what a whole 5 minutes maybe) only to move on to more kenpo moves and that sparked my interest again to drive me through the end.

After Cardio X, it was time for shower, my morning Shakeology (who does breakfast anymore when you can get an incredible healthy meal in Shakeology.), a walk with the dog, then my coffee and off to work!  Work is just another one of those things, I wish I could go home!  There is so much more to life then sitting there all day, knowing its so gorgeous outside.  Nice sunny day, not to hot or humid!

When I finally got home, I had this burst of energy.  So did my dog!  He wanted to play, I needed to be outside!  So, on with the running shoes!  Romeo (my pooch) and I were going for a run.  No clue where my iPod was, it would have to be me singing in my head to keep my pace.  

We ran and ran tonight.  We haven't run in months!  Heck, I think it rained for 2 months here!  We hit our normal spot where we turn around.  It's our half way point for a good three mile run.  But, I had my heart rate monitor on, I was watching the calories add up, my cloths weren't totally soaked, so onward we went!

I think we ran almost another another mile before we turned around!  It definitely was one of my longer runs.  In the end, I'd day we ran 3-4 miles!  Not to shabby considering I haven't ran in ages.  And, my dog normally can handle a mile before he just lays down!  But, he also survived (with a quick run through the stream!)

As I ran, I remembered the day in August (2007) when my girlfriend and I went for our first run.  That was kick start to a new life, a new me!  I could barely walk up steps without being winded.  A run was more like a minute jog and a 5 minute walk!  Now, after completing I don't know how many difference Beachbody workouts/programs, here I am saying I need to go run!  And, bang out comes 3 miles without to much difficulty!  I have to say, I love my life.  I love being fit and healthy!  These past 2 years (almost) have been an incredible journey.  I plan on not returning to my old me, but to continue to improve.  I want to run my heart out and know I CAN!

If you need help getting started on your fitness journey, drop me an email.  Beachbody has programs for everyone, of all fitness levels.  Don't be that person who is out of breathe climbing stairs or to tired to do anything!  Take action, become a new you, one who will go out and RUN!  Why, because you can!

Your Coach!
Heather

Email:  HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com
Website:  www.TheFitnessSpot.net

No comments: