About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


I hope everyone had a great holiday!  If you were like me, yes, you probably cheated a little bit here and there.  My husband and I went sailing in the Chesapeake for a few days.  The good thing about being stuck on a boat, is you eat what you pack.  So planning ahead makes all the difference in what I'm going to be eating for the weekend.

For me, I decided I was not going to be drinking this holiday.  I know that all those glasses of beer or wine with dinner can add on a ton of extra calories.  I stuck to that promise I made myself and focused on water to ice tea for the weekend!

As for breakfast, we had a nice breakfast of eggs and a little sausage.  Yup, a good meal to get my day started.  

My snack when I had a few minutes in my day included my Shakeology!  It was the perfect pick me up on the go!  It held me over until the next meal.  When I was shorter on time, my snack was fresh fruit!  Bananas being my favorite.  Yes, some say higher in carbs, but to me one small banana is perfect!

We had dinner in Annapolis!  This was my change to have wonderful seafood!    Overall, my weekend was what I planned it to be!  Why, because I planned my meals ahead of time, and stuck to my guns.

I do have to say, I did find that one my boat, I tend to pack a few of those snack packs.  You know, the packs of chips, pretzels, Fretos, the quick things you can hand to a friend when you need something.  I did grab a small bag of Cheez-its!  Om, so it definitely was a bad choice.  But, having one or 2 small bad choices in better then a whole day of bad choices.  What I do want to say, I did read the label as I was chowing down.  The pack of Cheez-its was only about 180 calories.  So, overall you may think that isn't so bad.  It fits in my snack range.  And, since it was a single serving pack, I did not continue to eat and eat and eat.  But, what you have to know is that the sodium and fat in those little packs are really high.  I think the snack pack had 14% fat.  So, this is my reminder, even those those little single serving snack packs look ok, the do have a lot of stuff in it you don't want to eat everyday.  We all need to have a cheat here or there, or we all tend to reach for something we shouldn't  And, maybe we all overdid it just a little on the holiday.  But, if we read labels, and pay attention to what we eat, then we will get better results!  As I read that label and saw 14% fat, I knew that it would impact my overall results.  Therefore, my goals this week are to get up, move on and make up with some hard work in my workout and eating extra clean this week to stay on track and get the results I want!

Now, ask yourself.  What do you want?  You want to get those 10 lbs off, you want to get those guns?  Then you need to work hard to get there.  If you eat grabbing a few to many snacks or drinks, or your portion sizes are a little to large, your results will take a lot longer to get!  Therefore, look at what you are eating and think about your results.  If you are not getting what you want, then I highly suggest you look in the kitchen and see what little things you can do to clean it up.  For me, its getting rid of snack packs that hide on my boat for one!

Have a great summer!
Focus on your goals, and you will get the results you want!

Heather
Changing Lives One Day at a Time

Email:  HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com 

No comments: