About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Get Skinny Faster with This Switch


I read this article on realage.com.  I think it's such an easy thing to do.  Just a few simple changes in our life can make a real difference.  

Get Skinny Faster with This Switch
When it comes to the battle of the bulge, you have a better shot of winning if you make this simple switch: Drink water instead of soda and plain tea instead of sweet coffees. 

The results can be dramatic. In fact, research shows that cutting beverage calories resulted in more weight loss than cutting food calories. Suddenly, water sounds grand! 


Stop Downing the Soda

People in a study who cut back on sugar-laden beverages like soda, fruit punch, and other sweetened drinks shed more pounds than the folks who kept sipping the sweet stuff during their dieting efforts. Researchers suspect that cutting back on beverage calories does even more good than cutting back on food calories because solid food does a better job of satisfying hunger than liquids do. Plus, it’s possible that the fructose in sugary drinks may boost fat storage and lead to hormone changes that increase overall food intake. Here’s how much H2O you need to drink to melt away an extra 2 1/2 pounds. 


Reasons to Sip Less
Of course, this doesn’t mean you can eat what you want as long as you ditch the soda and fruit punch. The 
best weight loss diets are heart-healthy ones that cut overall calories in a way you can sustain long term. Try these other weight loss tips to top off your efforts:
RealAge Benefit: Learning to read labels and avoiding foods with saturated and trans fats, simple sugars, or processed grains as one of the first five ingredients can make your RealAge 3.6 years younger.

EDITOR'S PICK
Summertime means coolers filled with portable drinks, and here’s our favorite:Aqua2Go. This pure box o’ water is great for juice-box loving kids, it stores and stacks easily, and it freezes to do double duty in the cooler. The packaging reduces waste and is aseptic for emergency-kit use. 

No comments: