About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Baltimore 1/2 Marathon



Ok, I think I am going crazy, maybe it's the heat here in Baltimore. But, I decided I needed a new challenge.

I went for a run with some new friends on Saturday. I ended up running 6 miles. I was quite impressed. You all know I run here and there, mainly with my dog. But, always just for fun. Well, all those folks I ran with were officially training to run the Baltimore or Marine Corp. Marathon.

Between all those folks so motivated out there doing their 16 miler that day, and this guy at work always telling me I should join him in the Baltimore Marathon. I finally told myself I'd look into it.

So, I did my research. The marathon is Oct. 10. That is exactly 2 months away, 8 weeks of training. I need to go from the 6 miles I did on Sat. to 13.1 miles by Oct. 10. I think I can do that!

I did more research, and came across a website that seems very good to help you train. I looked at the novice workout routine and modified it slightly to work with my program to be ready to run 13 miles in 8 weeks, not 26 miles in 18 weeks.

I took this program, and I took my Chalean Extreme program and decided to merge them into a training program. My mornings before work will be CLE, as its too dark to run. But, I'm A. Committed to finishing this program. B. Looking forward to using CLE as a cross training workout to help stretch my muscles and build my cardio. I've mixed up the days a little bit during the week, so they work with my running schedule. It's an intense program. I figured today is day 2 of my week and so far so good. But, I'm allowing myself some flexibility to modify the routine as necessary.

I was also quite surprised to see that my last week of Chalean Extreme falls the week before my marathon! Perfect timing, as my last week will be a quiet recovery week in preparation for the big day!

Yes, I know, I will also pay very close attention to NOT overtrain in the next 8 weeks.

But, the first step in reaching my goal is committing to it. To commit to it, I'm telling everyone and I'm writing it down. Because for me, if I don't write it down, that goal is just a dream! And, I want my dream to become a reality!

So, now you get to follow me in my Chalean Extreme/ 1/2 marathon training! Wish me luck, because I'm going to need the encouragement every step of the way!

Heather

Email: HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com

No comments: