About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My first week


This is my official first week of training. Yup, I still laugh everything I say, I'm going to run the Baltimore 1/2 marathon. I think I now told everyone. Which means, I have to do it. I say that, because if you tell people your goals, you will be more likely to reach them. Even if its losing 5 lbs or a 100 lbs!

Anyway, so here is my progress today.

Saturday as I noted before was my first long run. I did about 6 miles, and was quite impressed.

Sunday, I did Chalean Extreme Burn it off and Recharge. My body sure needed the stretching. See, Sat. I was really bad and did not stretch properly after my run. So, Sun. I could definitely feel my calves. Not terrible sore, but sore. Plus, I tend to get shin splints, so had hints of pain there. I tried to walk as much as possible on Sunday, as the walking just seemed to help.

Monday was a rest day from running. Again, I was thankful as I still felt I needed a little time to recover. I did get up at 5 am and do Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 1. This is my last week of the burn phase, so it felt good to get that done.

Tuesday. I started my day off with Chalean Extreme, Burn Interval. Man, you want to burn calories, do this workout! One of my favorites in the Chalean Extreme program. Helps build muscle endurance! Then it was off to work. A full day of walking around. Heck, I was at 6000 steps probably by 6 pm! That's a lot for one of my average days.

Tuesday night, I had my first weekly run of 3 miles. It was hot when I ran, 89 degrees and very humid! I knew my route as I tracked it ahead of time on MapYourRun. My total route should have been 3.1 miles. So, laced up my shoes and off I went. Ok, so ran, and made a slight wrong turn. That probably added another 0.1 miles or so, but turned around and was back on track. (I really need to stop making wrong turns as it adds more miles to my planned runs!). I kept running and running, just hoping my road would eventually show up so I could turn around and run back.

I have to say, this was a tough workout! I managed to do the first mile and a half fairly ok. Yup, I determined, the first 2 miles are the worst. It's like you need to get over that hump. Well, just as I got over that hump, the route had a slight incline, and I think the heat started to get to me. Yes, the last part of my run, I had to stop a few times. Just long enough to take maybe 10 steps, then I was off again. I really needed water. So, mistake I made - on extremely hot days, carry water, no matter how short the run.

I tried to time myself. My run was 3.2 miles or so and it took me just under 37 minutes. Not to bad, but will work on that! I'm not happy I had to walk a bit, but I'm ok with it! I think I ran about 5500 steps in that time, so I know I hit my goal of 10000 steps yesterday with the running and Chalean Extreme. I also burned over 2300 cal. by the time I took my Bodybugg off at 9 pm! So, good day was had!

This morning was a light Chalean Extreme, Ab Burner workout. Tonight, is my next 3 mile run. I have to say, so far, I'm feeling good. I took my P90X recovery drink and really stretched after my workout. Plus, we want shopping for a new dishwasher, so the extra walking also helped.

Keep coming back as I update you on my training progress. Along the way, I'll share my ups/downs and any tips I may learn!

Heather

Email: HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com

Ask me how I can help coach you for free! Or better yet, ask me how you can become a coach and help yourself and others get in the best shape of their lives!

No comments: