About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

How am I doing?


First let's give a quick update on my training:

Last post, I noted I was in week 4 and left off on my 3 mile run for a total of 38.5 miles run!

Well, Wed. I did track training with my Team in Training Group. It was a brutal 90 degrees. But, we all met for a 1 mile warm up run on the track (4 laps). Then we did push-ups, held the plank for a minute, then crunches, then dips. We repeated this little routine. Need to work the core if we run! After this little core work, we did ladders. We ran 1 lap, waited 30 seconds, ran 2 laps, waited a minute, ran 4 laps (a mile). We were supposed to do 2 then 1, but due to the heat, cut it short. Then finally a mile walk around the track to cool down. It was a great overall workout to help increase speed! That day was a total of 3.5 miles!

The rest of my week included a short run with the dog. He was getting annoyed I was leaving him behind. I mean, I use to run with him and that is how I got started in this crazy journey! So, feeling bad that I haven't run with him in ages I took him out. We did about a 1.5 miles. I determined running with Romeo is called interval training. Stop to smell the flowers, run as fast as we can to chase the rabbit, run my pace, stop to sniff again, run to catch the dogs in front of us, stop to stare at the water with pleas to go swimming, and finally walk to get home because its to hot to do anything but walk or lay down!

Then Sat. was my 8 mile run. I decided to keep it a little short to get a break. As I move into these next few weeks, those miles are going to be going up and quickly!

Therefor, total miles
Week 4= 3.5 + 1.5 + 8 = 13 miles
Total = 38.5 + 13 = 51.5 miles!


What else have I seen this week. This week I have been talking to everyone about what I am doing and why! I have told so many people that I am running to find a cure for Leukemia and other forms of blood cancer. In talking to so many people, I have learned that cancer has hit sooo many of our lives! People are nothing but supportive knowing that I am training to help them, help prevent others from going through what their family has gone (is going) through. These people are becoming my inspiration! They are making me want to run an extra mile and keep going!

I have started a list of names on my fundraising page. Each name is a person I am running in memory of or in honor of. Meaning, in honor of if they are a survivor and have overcome their cancer! They are living a healthy life because of the treatment they have received.

If you know someone who has or had struggled with a form of blood cancer, please email me their names. I will add them to my list of honorees! I am planning to put all those names on my race or training shirts to keep them close to my heart as I run!

Please help consider supporting my cause to help further research and to help patients with cancer receive help and support by making a donation today! Because of all your support, I'm already at 17% of my goal. And, as I noted before, I'd love to way surpass this goal! Let's prove the community cares! I know my friends/family will all agree, cancer is not nice. No one should have to suffer and we all know someone it has affected in some form.

So, to make a donation, please visit my website at the link below. The links on my website will take you directly to the Team in Training Secure donation page. I never see the money, so it is safe. If you would rather send a check, drop me an email and I can tell you were to send it to!
Thank you in advance for your support!


Please email me at: HeatherB@BeachbodyCoach.com

- Heather

No comments: