About Me

My photo
A little about me. In my normal life, I am a civil engineer who sits behind a desk everyday. I got married to my wonderful husband in 2006. Since meeting him and our many days of eating out and less working out, my weight started to creep up. In August 2007 my girlfriend wanted to get back in shape after her pregnancy. She talked me into running weekly with her. I agreed, and this began my plan to get my body back in shape. I wanted to add some additional workouts to my run, so I pulled out my old Slim in 6 videos. At the same time, I re-found the online message boards at Beachbody where I meet a lot of great people who kept me committed to my fitness goals. I also found a great coach who was there everyday to help me stay on track! Today, I'm still working to sculpt my body and get it into the best shape ever. As I have progressed through my body's transition, I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others reach their fitness goals! I realized it was easier then I thought, and I really believe others can change their lives too!

Me and Michael

Changing Day by Day!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cookbook Recommendation


In my last post, I mentioned a cookbook. I'm a huge fan of cookbooks that are healthy and easy. Why, because I hate to cook and I seem to have no creativity when it comes to meal planning. But, a few years ago, someone recommended to me the South Beach, Taste of Summer Cookbook. I have to say, I love this cookbook!

If you are like me and want easy to prepare, healthy meals that don't take a lot of crazy ingredients or take a lot of time, this is the cookbook for you. I also love it, because most of the main menu items can be put on a grill! So, then I prepare the food and hubby also has to do a lot of the cooking!

I don't really know a lot about the South Beach Diet. I think it has something to do with 3 phases, each phase is a different level of carbs. Meaning phase 1 you eliminate carbs, and phase 2 you slowly bring healthy carbs back into your life. I never really read the book and what each phase is supposed to mean. But, if what I said is true, I think it REALLY CLOSELY follows the basics of the P90X nutritional guidebook! The P90X nutrition plan does exactly that, phase 1 is almost no carbs, and phase 2 and 3 show you how to bring healthy carbs back into your life! So, if you are following the P90x program, then I also will recommend the South Beach, Taste of Summer Cookbook to you!

This cookbook tells you where each meal fits into the phase. Phase 1, 2 or 3. So, you need healthy options that are low cars, this will tell you which ones to choose! How easy is that! The back of the book also gives you meal plans for the whole day! Meaning, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. I love this book, and have recommended it to friends and family! Mainly because the meals are simple, easy and really tasty.

I made a Chicken with Asian Plum Sauce, and my husband just was in heaven. I don't think I ever heard him love my cooking before. So, I guess that wins the award of good receipt!

No comments: